redsquare... 4

redsquare008

Member since:29.01.2003

Online florist with a difference

27.11.2004

Advantages:
Reliable, Excellent customer service and convenient

Disadvantages:
Flowers not florist standard, they sometimes don't meet delivery dates

15 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. AnitaM
  2. lizzy8
  3. Delicate_Orchid
  1. chrissie-anne
  2. Bigbaz
  3. ElizaF

I will be reviewing 0800flowers, which is an online florist. They also deliver balloons and will find any excuse to give away a free mini box of chocolates with every order!

I first discovered 0800flowers when I got an email from an online loyalty website that I use, called greasypalm. They said I would get £1 cashback for ordering some flowers online.

Although I am a fan of online shopping, as I believe it can be easier and much more convenient than traipsing around the shops and saves the hassle of finding a florist and standing there looking through a catalogue for the flowers that you want, I was slightly sceptical of buying flowers from an online store as I wasn't sure that they would be any good as they would have come directly from 0800flowers' depot, as opposed to a local florist! Still, Mother's Day was approaching, so I thought I would give them a go, as they were reasonably priced and I had bought my Mum other things, so it wasn't so vitally important that these flowers were perfect!

I ordered the flowers on the Monday prior to Mother's Day, and chose for them to be delivered on the Friday before Mother's day, as I didn't really want to pay £2.95 for a Saturday delivery. Don't get me wrong, I'm not tight or anything, but it was just the principle, and since I had other things to give my Mum for Mother's Day, it didn't greatly matter!!

When the Friday came, I was looking forward to my Mother receiving her flowers, but they didn't turn up! The next morning, I emailed 0800flowers and complained profusely about this matter. I said that I had specified for these flowers to be delivered on this day and they hadn't been! They arrived on the Saturday, which was easier for me, but I wasn't prpeared to tell them this, and the following Monday, I was sent n email with an apology, explanation of why the flowers hadn't arrived on the specified day, and a £20 voucher for some more flowers! I really couldn't believe that they would have such a brilliant customer service policy in order to do this!

The flowers were nice and lasted for a long time, but they weren't of the standard you would get if you had ordered them from a local florist, which was a shame, but the price was £19.99 including delivery, and there was also a free mini box of chocolates with them!

There is a wide selection of bouquets, priced from £19.99 - £69.99, and delivery is inclusive of these prices.

The design of the website is simple and attractive, and you are also able to order chcolates and balloons as well.

International delivery, fruit baskets and hampers are also available, so this website really is excellent for getting gifts sent to people no matter where they are!!

The prices on the website include next day delivery if orders are placed before 6.00, so this really is a better way of sending a gift or letting someone know that you are thinking of them , than posting something.

The flowers themselves are delivered in a box, and you are also able to write a personal message to the recipient written a font of your choice.

Overall, despite the first problem I had with 0800flowers (which was resolved excellently), I always use this website for ordering flowers and other gift products, as the products are nice, and the service is excellent.

Delicate_Orchid 06.12.2004 21:28

Never ordered myself here, but those I know and do really like this service. Desiree x

mark1961 01.12.2004 10:24