grafter12... 5

grafter123

Member since:01.01.1970

Hootsmon there's a Mousse loose aboot this hoose

11.06.2007

Advantages:
Good value , really works , smells fresh , reputable brand  .  handy brush included

Disadvantages:
Not always readily available

26 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Gladiator007
  2. redeyes22
  3. bmthkatie

THE BACKGROUND
**************************

As I have two dogs I like to keep a stock of cleaning materials around for the unexpected . Despite being fully trained my dogs do unfortunately occasionally get sick or walk dirt in . I have two electric carpet shampooers but try and have something to hand which can give instantaneous cleaning , even if only as a temporary measure .

Shopping at Wilko last week I bought a can of 1001 Carpet Cleaning Mousse . I have used this product before but have not seen it in my local shops lately . I thought I better buy two whilst they were readily available and share details of this product with you guys .

1001 CARPET AND UPHOLSTERY MOUSSE CLEANER
*******************************************************************

1001 is a name I have known for many years . As a child my Mum would use 1001 products for carpet cleaning and would , as they say ‘swear by them’ The 1001 Carpet Mousse is a slightly different take on carpet cleaners . A 300 ml can retails at about £2.95 so it is not extremely cheap , however it is good value .

The actual bright yellow can is about eight inches high and there is a dark blue top as well which is four inches high . Pull this top off and there is an flat egg shaped brush on one side .The other side has a large button to press to activate .

HOW TO USE
********************

As with a lot of foam or mousse type products you need to shake the can really well each time before you use . After shaking you hold the can between 6 and 12 inches above the stain . As you firmly press the button the mousse squirts out of a hole just below the brush . Once the stain is covered with the mousse you use the brush to massage the mousse into the stain . As with a lot of these products you work from the outside towards the middle of the stain . You need to try and not wet the carpet more than is necessary .

As you brush the mousse will become absorbed . After use give the brush a good rinse under cold water . I usually do this under the outside tap due to the type of substances I may have been cleaning . When the carpet is dry you need to give it a good vacuum and as they day ‘voilà ’

For liquid spills it is best if you blot the worst of the stain before cleaning .

For solid residues scrape up what you can before cleaning .

For dry stains try and vacuum first .

SO DOES IT WORK ? I HEAR YOU ASK
***********************************************

Yes it does . I always try and not use too much , as most times you will not need to . As you cover the stain it will look like a nice dusting of snow . As the mousse squirts out it has a fresh slightly lemony smell . However your carpets will not smell overly scented after cleaning . If the stain did have a nasty smell the 1001 will get rid of it .

If you have used the product correctly your carpet will only be damp and dry in no time . It does say on the can that you may need to apply a second time if the stain has not completely gone but I have not had to . Well not yet that is , I better not tempt fate .

A little information :-

As always with these sort of products test on an inconspicuous area first .
Not suitable for velvets , brocade , rayon and dry clean only materials .
Suitable for carpets and upholstery .
Flammable until completely dry .
1001 do a whole range of cleaners for cleaning full carpets .
www.1001carpetcare.co.uk has more info on how best to clean your carpets .
Here’s a surprise for me , made by the WD-40 company . Well, well .
A reader at another site tells me shaving foam would do the job but cheaper . I am not sure of this and I wouldn't personally risk the potential mess . Anyway the 1001 freshens the smell also .

RECOMMENDATION
******************************

1001 carpet and upholstery cleaning mousse gets 10 / 10 from me . It is quick , easy and convenient to use . A can lasts for quite a few spills and disasters and usually has an expiry date at least a year away .

If there are pets , babies or kiddies in the home it is really handy even for spills on the sofa . If there are messy adults who spill red wine etc , mentioning no names , it is a godsend .

Give it a go . I’m sure you will be impressed .

Thanks for reading