sandrabar... 5

sandrabarber

Member since:01.01.1970

101 reasons to get your CDs here

03.05.2001

Advantages:
Huge choice  -  Bargain prices

Disadvantages:
Can be a little slow to load

9 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Munchkin237
  2. Lottie1975
  3. Romina
  1. monsieur.Joda

Well half a dozen actually, but I wanted to grab your attention to tell you about this great CD site.

101cd.com stocks an absolutely huge range of CDs. Of course it has all the contemporary stuff that other sites have, but it also has a very comprehensive back catalogue covering every genre.

Prices for chart CDs range from 9.00 to about 14.00, but they often have special offers ont hese so you can get them even cheaper.

Prices for the older stuff, though, are superb. I'm in the process of getting CD versions of all my old tapes and records and I've been getting them from this site for 5.99 and even 4.99. This week I got a Bill Withers double CD for 5.99, which is exceptional value.

The Site: Loads reasonably quickly. The homepage is rather crowded but there's so much stuff here that it needs to be. The search facility is superb. Ordering is painless and secure.

Delivery: CDs I've ordered have been with me between 2 days and 10 days, depending whether or not they're ins tock when I order. Either way, it's easy to check your order status on the site so you know where you are.

Customer Services: I haven't had occasion to use them yet as everything has gone smoothly, but they do promise swift full refunds on damaged goods.

Back to their stock:

As I've said, the range of CDs on this site is unbelievable. You can find them by searching by artist, title or genre.

Alternatively, you can let the homepage guide you, as it offers loads of routes through the store.

One of the best things ont he homepage is the links to low price and mid price back catalogue stuff organised by record company. There are literally thousands and thousands of these brilliantly priced titles to choose from.

When searching by artist, the site brings up all the stuff they've got and also the special imports and rarities they can order for you, so it's a great place to look for those difficult to find oldies or limited issues.

I've often found stuff on 101cd.com that amazon haven't got, and it is always, always cheaper.

Today I've ordered marvin Gaye's Lets Get it On and Soul II Soul's Club Classics I for 5.99 each, plus just over a quid p&p.

Fantastic value. Massive choice. Quick delivery. What more d'ya want?

jbutty 26.06.2001 22:27

I agree with you on the back catalogue cd's, I spent a fortune on replacing my old tapes and vinyl! At £5.99 or £4.99 each though it was a bargain, I dread to think what a high street store would charge.

DoubleTrouble 19.05.2001 18:27

Delivery could be quicker, but on chart stuff they are very competetively priced. Another excellent op. Cheers, J.

danradders 04.05.2001 00:33

Good op - tip for you: cd-wow.com do all charts CD's and more for £8.99 with free delivery, as does play247.com DAN