10 Best-looking Celebrities

10 Best-looking Celebrities

Review of "10 Best-looking Celebrities"

published 01/04/2002 | blurbubble
Member since : 14/07/2000
Pro I want them all!
Cons I can't have them!

"ITS A MATTER OF TASTE INNIT"

Ah well, I’ve read quite a few other members views on this subject and I guess it is time to let my unconventional tastes be known! I know it is a category much open to personal taste as well as the age of the author in knowing, or not knowing, the celebrities concerned. I have to confess most of my favourite “heartthrobs” are within the world of music as this is my main joy – I’m not much of a film buff and watch a fair bit of television but not with great interest. Some of my choices may be too minor in the celebrity world to count but I just came up with what I fancied (literally!!).

Being a heterosexual female the contenders are male apart from one who I just had to put in and you’ll find out why. I’ve never tended to go for the traditional “Hollywood Hunk” type so I won’t be surprised to hear any gasps of horror or bemusement here!

Well, without further ado and mutterings the nominations for 10 Best Looking Celebrities from the Blurbubble jury are as follows:

1) DAVE VANIAN – lead singer of THE DAMNED since 1976 and my lifelong heartthrob. Not just for sheer looks but for his amazing vocal talents, charisma and cool attitude too. Of course, his gorgeous bone structure, sleepy eyes, swept back jet black hair and his general Vampire stance do a lot for me too! I met him once back in 1984 and his kissed me gently on the cheek – oh swoon!!

2) MICHAEL MONROE – lead singer of Hanoi Rocks in the 1980s and now a solo artist. Hailing from Finland this tall, blonde (peroxide) charismatic frontman sends me totally gooey. Again he has a wonderfully chiselled bone structure with amazing cheekbones, full lips, big eyes, big voice and big style. His accent is a gorgeous mutation of Finnish, American and English too.

3) ROBERT CARLYLE – yes, an actor! He of Hamish MacBeth, The Full Monty, Trainspotting, Looking after JoJo and many more. He has that certain something, a sort of average geezer down the street quality blended with great humour, cheeky looks and his acting talent of course. I also admire the way he seems to be able to adopt any accent despite having a heavy Glaswegian accent himself.

4) DAMON ALBARN – lead singer of Blur since 1990. His appearance seems to change slightly with each Blur era and his has sported many a different haircut. True, he has got a little chubbier of late but his still has that lovely smooth chocolatey voice and THOSE big eyes!! He looked best with his floppy, coquettish fringe but whatever he has such a cute face!

5) JOHNNY DEPP – whoops, have I chosen a Hollywood Hunk??!! Oh well, never mind with cheekbones like that who cares. You may have sussed by now that I am a sucker for a pair of sharp chiselled cheekbones and liquid eyes – am I becoming predictable? Star of many movies such as Edward Scissorhands and What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? Depp always seems to be on an emotional edge and looks gorgeous with his hair long and his casual style.

6) KURT COBAIN – am I allowed a sadly deceased one?? He was the lead singer of Nirvana in the 1990s sadly taking his own life in 1994 which was a great loss to the rock world. An angry young man but again very charismatic and intelligent with it. His shoulder length scruffy peroxide blonde hair was to die for (pardon the pun) and he had such piercing sad blue eyes. I still have a poster of him on my wall and enjoy looking at it.

7) RAJI JAMES – he plays DS Vik Singh in The Bill on TV – I don’t often watch this show but when I do I find myself mesmerised if he is in it! There is something so captivating about him besides his soft voice and deep, dark eyes. Maybe he is too minor a celebrity for this list but he was in my head again so I had to include him.

8) EWAN McGREGOR – another actor and another obvious choice I guess? Star of too many movies too mention including Trainspotting, Shallow Grave, A Life Less Ordinary and Brassed Off. Some of my favourite films and NOT just because he is in them! He has a charming accent and a great versatility in his work as well as having the obligatory lovely eyes and bone structure.

9) RONNIE WOOD – yes he of The Rolling Stones, and, prior to that, The Faces. OK, so I’ve opted for an older guy this time and why not?! He seems like one of those original “cheeky-chappy” types as well as having wonderful thick black spikey hair, glinting eyes and razor sharp cheekbones. He appears to be both charming and humorous whenever I see/read interviews with him as well as obviously being wonderfully talented musically.

10) DEBBIE HARRY – Ah! Now for the lady in my selection – there was just no way I could leave her out! The gorgeous lead singer of Blondie for many years and a pin-up and icon to many, both male and female. She graced the charts with her fantastic voice and songs as well as looking amazing. She has always been a favourite of mine not just for her music but also for hair, make-up and fashion inspiration. And again – those cheekbones!

So there we have the votes from the Blurbubble jury although they are by no means conclusive. I have an obvious penchant for cheekbones and gooey eyes but tried to look a little beyond that! There are many, many more on my list but I had to stick to a top ten so my apologies to the following for leaving them out: Keifer Sutherland, Nicky Wire, Siouxsie Sioux, Mickey Rourke, Winona Ryder, Bette Midler, Chris McCormack, that Gary bloke out of Hollyoaks, Marilyn Manson, David Cassidy (when younger!),Jon Bon Jovi, Richard E Grant, Phil Lewis, Brett Michaels, Nicky Sixx and many more!

I hope I’ve displayed some eye candy that others appreciate, if not, well, that’s kinda tough because I like them!!

• SarahP published 19/09/2003
    You have been kissed by Dave Vanian! You jammy thing! I wrote to him once, didn't get a thing back from him, not even a smelly sock! but I did get a letter back from Captain Sensible & his rabbit :oP
  • mumagain published 11/05/2002
    Oh the famous cheek bones, some interesting choices, and some I have never heard of too, but then I need to get off my computer a bit more lol, thanks for a lovely read, cheers Chele X
  • flabbercabbage published 11/05/2002
    Must agree about Debbie Harry!

Product Information : 10 Best-looking Celebrities