Review of "1989 - Taylor Swift"

published 08/03/2015 | rubyxx
Member since : 28/02/2015
Pro Unique, best album (in my opinion.) Stunning album.
Cons None!
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Spectacular album! Uniue songs, catchy song's."

I am going to review Taylor Swift's album 1989, which I am a big fan of. I have been a fan of Taylor Swift since 2007. So here goes my review.

Album details.

This album was released October 27th 2014, and it consists of 19 songs, which is awesome (3 of them are voice memo's.)

Tracks and review

1- Welcome To New York

Very catchy song in my opinion. I find this song really outgoing and quite upbeat when listening to it. It has an upbeat and catchy chorus. The beat all the way through song I think is very groovy, makes you smile and makes you want to dance. The lyrics are really cool and good to sing, catchy and fun to sing.

2- Blank Space

This is my favourite song. Catchy, groovy and the lyrics are fantastic. The way Taylor sings it brings a cool tone to the song I think, making the song really fantastic. I think this song is quite upbeat, not too fast, and she sings it so powerfully that you feel what the song is about. I love this song because it is fun to sing to, getting all the lyrics right. My little sister sings this song and she loves it!

3- Style

I love love love this song. Because it is not very upbeat, more like a powerful pitch and tempo to it. Magical song I think, as the lyrics are amazing and you know what the song is about. The chorus is so catchy, cool and upbeat that you can't help but sing to. We never go out of style! Catchy. The video is also beautiful for this song and very unique video and song too, different from a lot of others in my opinion.

4- Out Of The Wood's

This song is another one of my favourites. This I think, is a song that brings a tear to your eyes, and makes you smile and sing along at the same time. The chorus is upbeat and has a really awesome tempo that makes it even more catchy. You end up singing and grooving along to this song when you first listen, as it is so catchy and upbeat, but at the same time Taylor sings it with emotion that brings a tear to your eye.

5- All You Had To Do Was Stay

Lovely song in my opinion. Beautiful singing, and brings a tear to your eye. Not very upbeat song in my opinion, I think it's beautiful. This song I think is very relatable if you have ever loved someone. So catchy this song is, and Taylor sings it with emotion that makes you really feel what the song is written about, which in my opinion makes it beautiful.

6- Shake It Off

I think this song is classy, upbeat and very cool. It makes you dance along to it and sing as I think it's very catchy indeed. Towards the end of the song, Taylor does some rapping and it's so cool to sing along to. Unique song that is about just being yourself and letting people do what they want to do. Upbeat and great song I think and it's catchy, the tempo is catchy too.

7- I Wish You Would

Slow to medium song, not too fast at the start. The chorus, Taylor sings with emotion and sends a shudder down your spine she signs it so beautifully. In my opinion this song shows what a beautiful voice that Taylor Swift has, and it is a lovely song in my opinion.

8- Bad Blood

Upbeat tempo and lyrics. In my opinion this song is amazing and very lovely. Lyrics are great and brilliantly written I think, that you can't help but sing. Quite emotionally sung, but the chorus kind of takes you away in my opinion and it's really a great song to listen to sing to.

9- Wildest Dreams
Quite slow at the beginning. This song is beautiful I think, and shows what a stunning singer Taylor Swift. I think this song is slow paced, and the lyrics are written and sung with emotion so you feel what the song is about. I love this song because it is lovely, not upbeat to listen to. Sends a shiver down your spine in my opinion. Amazing song.

10- How To Get The Girl

Medium tempo song. I think this is a lovely song to listen to and sing. Very catchy I think, and the lyrics are great and you end up singing to it in my opinion even if you don't want to. I love this song because it is so catchy.

11- This Love

Slow song, that is magnificent. I love this song, as it is slow and lovely and not upbeat and groovy, it is more slow toned with a slow pace. The chorus is powerful and magical I think, because Taylor's voice really takes toll in the chorus, making your eyes water as you listen.

12- I Know Places

Quite upbeat song. In my opinion this is catchy, cool and great voice effective song. At the beginning Taylor's voice is edited to make the song sound cool. Upbeat song in my opinion that makes you want to sing along to it.

13- Clean

Slow to medium song I would say, that has not a fast tempo but a medium tempo that isn't fast. The chorus shows Taylor's powerful voice and she holds the notes amazingly in this. Beautifully sung song I think and it is spectacular to listen to.

14- Wonderland

This song is the opposite of the previous track, as it is upbeat, lovely and fast paced tempo and fast sung lyrics in my opinion. I love this song because the lyrics are written so amazingly that you rewind it to sing it again in my opinion. This is a very catchy song and the chorus isn't that fast, just medium paced. After the chorus the song get's a little slower to medium paced.

15- You Are In Love

This song I think is sung like a story, and it is magical I think. What I love about this song is it's powerful, not fast and sends a shiver down your spine because this song's tempo and the lyrics fit perfectly in my opinion. Slow song that's powerful in my opinion.

16- New Romantics

Quite upbeat song. I think this song is groovy and a real masterpiece to listen to, it is great in my opinion. Really catchy song I think.

17- I Know Places (voice memo.)
18- I Wish You Would (voice memo.)
19- Blank Space (voice memo.) Beautifully sung, just Taylor Swift's amazing voice, no deep music or effects.

• StewwyB published 15/03/2015