Review of "1989 - Taylor Swift"

published 11/03/2015 | SerenadeNeko13
Member since : 11/03/2015
Pro Edgy Lyrics, Unexpected Sound, Resonant Soulful Vocals
Cons Some songs inconsistent in sound to others
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Edgy and Unexpected"

When I think Taylor Swift, I usually think of a more girly, pop-country sound, however, in this album, she makes a leap into a deeper, more gritty territory. She has an edgy sound, and one that is unexpected for her usual fair. I've always had a guilty pleasure for Taylor Swift's music, and it has always been something I was always able to relate to. I felt a deeper, more soulful resonance in this album than in her others. It'snot something I've felt since her song Haunted, honestly. I'm usually more geared toward rock like songs, and several of these songs pushed the bar of pop to that kind of level. I've blared Blank Space a million times aloud, and sang it at the top of my lungs. The lyrics of her songs are catchy and they catch you by the throat.

• 1st2thebar published 11/03/2015
    First time I've been informed of throttling lyrics. It's enough to take your breath away.
  • Bollinger28 published 11/03/2015
    I think you could say a lot more here about this album. There are 8 other reviews on Ciao about it so try reading some of more highly rated ones to get some ideas on what to write about to make your review more helpful. Good luck :o)
  • thedevilinme published 11/03/2015