1989 - Taylor Swift

1989 - Taylor Swift

Review of "1989 - Taylor Swift"

published 28/09/2015 | HopeFlynn
Member since : 27/06/2015
Pro Great songs, Diverse sound, Consistently good, Cute design
Cons None for me!
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Best Taylor Swift Album"

Taylor Swift is an international superstar, singer, songwriter and actress. She has been in the music industry for 9 years - she released her debut album at 16. She used to be a country star but over the recent years she has turned her attention to the pop genre.

Now I'm not really a big fan of Taylor Swift as a person but I must admit that her songs are always so good. Each time she releases an album, it shows why she is voted one of the best songwriters in the world. 1989 is no different, in fact - in my opinion - it's even better.

I haven't really been a fan of Taylor for years now. I thought all of her songs sounded the same, they were all about failed relationships and, personally, I found her to be cocky and I didn't like that. This album showed that she can write about things other than her own relationships, which is why I love it so much.

The first track I heard from this album was 'Shake It Off' and when my friends started playing other tracks around me, I knew I has to get the entire album.

I instantly fell in love with the album. Whilst the overall genre of 1989 is pop, there's still such a diverse sound to the songs. Songs like 'Shake It Off' and 'Welcome To New York' are upbeat and great dance/party songs whereas songs like 'You Are In Love' and 'How To Get The Girl' are slower and much more personal and relatable (the signature Taylor Swift sound).

My personal favourite song is 'How You Get The Girl'. I love her voice in that song and the range she shows. Some parts are very powerful whilst others are soft - she sounds especially good in this track. My least favourite would have to be 'Welcome To New York'. This song has a good tune and goo beat to it, but it is very repetitive - which is something I don't like.

The design of the album was really amazing too. The cover was really simple but still unique. Taylor also did something incredibly special and personal for her fans. She included polaroids of herself and friends in the physical copy of the album - it added a personal touch and I personally think that it was a really cute idea.

1989 went straight to the top of the album charts and for very good reason. It was easily the best album of 2014 and is still one of the best albums in late 2015, at least in my opinion. I think that it blasted the competition out of the water and definitely deserved the success and the awards it was given.

I got the album on iTunes for just over £10 and you can buy the physical copy of the album from most music stores (like HMV or ASDA) for around the same price.

Overall, this album was my favourite by Taylor so far and it just proves why she is so successful, even after all the years she has been in the industry. Even if you don't like Taylor Swift, I would still recommend listening to this album because the songs are absolutely amazing!

• Reviewer__2015 published 11/11/2015