Review of "1989 - Taylor Swift"

published 12/02/2017 | Sparky43352
Member since : 12/10/2015
Pro good value, good songs
Cons none really
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Taylor Swift 1989 Review"

Taylor Swift 1989 Review

Background

The album was released in 2014, it is inspired by songs from the 80's, when Taylor was born. It includes songs like Shake It Off, Blank Space, and my personal favourite Wildest Dreams.

Originality

I had never heard anything like this album before so I definitely thought it was original. Very unique lyrics and very catchy songs.
Consistency of Tracks

I enjoyed most of the songs there was only a few I thought were just average, like I said before I thought they were very original and the lyrics were very good.
Cover Design

I thought the cover was quite smart because it has links with her relationship with Harry Styles and the polaroid theme is also mentioned in one of her songs.

I think the fact that you can get this album for £2 now is brilliant because when I first bought it on my phone as it was £5 then. The value is excellent because really you're paying £2 for well over 9 songs.
Lyrics

I've said the lyrics are thought-provoking but not necessarily in a bad way because the lyrics make you wonder what she's referring to, her relationships, her pasts etc.
Comparison

I wasn't really listening to her music before this album but I do think it kind of outdoes her other stuff although there is such different themes and styles so its hard to compare all of her work together.
Competition

It was definitely number one for a long time so I believe there was really no competition between her and other artists.

• a-true-ben published 14/02/2017
    If I'd never heard of her, then this really wouldn't give me much idea of what to expect.
  • NBCMad92 published 14/02/2017
    Rated but have to agree with Bettyboo you need to start rating other reviews
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 13/02/2017