Review of "3Doodler"

published 28/10/2015 | backman
Member since : 28/10/2015
Good
Pro Price, simple control, entertaining toy
Cons Depends on the intention to use - it won´t substitute a 3D printer
Picture quality
Printing speed
Colour sensitivity
Reliability

"If you can´t afford a 3D printer"

I saw some videos on YT and I immediately wanted this toy. Actually, I thought it was fake, but then I visited a crowd funding platform server, where a bunch of enthusiasts tryied to get money for their 3Doodler project and i realized it´s really going to happen.

Anyway, I have it home and I have to say that this device quite fulfilled my expectations.
Basically it's a printhead of 3D printers, you hold in your hands. On one side you put there a hard plastic, and on the other will flow quickly hardening plastic fiber. Inside the pen is ventilator for cooling.

Held in the hand is quite comfortable despite the thicker embodiment. Two buttons for fast and slow extrusion of plastic are easily accessible. Shortly, it´s made well, and it´s a product made by professionals.

I was kind of disappointed, when I realized, I am not able to make amazing things with it. Because I am not a very good artist - the pen is all right :-) So I ended up with glass painting, sad, that I will never be able to "3Drow" the Eiffel Tower.
What I want to say is, that 3Doodler is working just fine, but it´s a machine for people who know how to draw and seeking for fun.

It can´t substitute a 3D printer, but it´s very amusing to use.

• 1st2thebar published 12/04/2016
    Fascinating product. The review requires expansion and a format.
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 30/10/2015
    So much more is needed....
  • Nymphypig published 29/10/2015