8 mile - Eminem

8 mile - Eminem

1 CD(s) - Film - Label: Interscope - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 17/11/2002 - 606949351229

Review of "8 mile - Eminem"

published 29/12/2007 | Rhynoone
Member since : 29/12/2007
Pro Great sound, Great Artists
Cons 2 tracks on the album that do not really fit with the rest of it
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Music From And Inspired By 8 Mile"

Music From And Inspired By 8 Mile

Genre: Rap/hip Hop

One of the best soundtrack albums I own, released in 2002 but it still sounds fresh today!

Tracks:

13. R.A.K.I.M - with Rakim
14. That's My Nigga For Real - with Young Zee
15. Battle - with Gang Starr
16. Rabbit Run - Eminem

LOSE YOURSELF is the first track on the album; a fantastic track that was very well received at the time of release and still sounds great today. PLACES TO GO by 50 Cent is another great track and in my opinion, one of his best. 8 MILE and RABBIT RUN by Eminem are both great tracks and should certainly have you nodding your head! 8 MILES AND RUNNIN by Jay Z and featuring Freeway is another little gem on the album. When you throw in great tracks from Xzibit, Obie Trice, D-12, Nas, Rakim, Young Zee and Gangstarr you have a wicked album!

The only songs that I don't really like on the album come from Macy Gray and Boomkat... the songs are ok but quite a bit too R&B sounding for my liking. I wouldn't have put them on the album.

Release date: 28 October 2002
Producer: Eminem
Run time: 68.13 mins

On the whole, the album certainly captures the feel of the film and is a very worthwhile investment. If you liked the film, Eminem, or Rap Music in general you'll like this.

• dharma.roy published 30/12/2007
    I;ve not seen the film or heard the songs but I would be interested to know more.