Advantages Somewhere to go
Disadvantages Addictive, no treatment on the NHS
1. It’s a Gas2. Keeps me off the streets- sometimes. I used to wander aimlessly around the streets before I discovered Ciao, looking for spare change in the gutter, and trying to stop strangers in the street, and engage them in meaningful conversation about consumer issues, and other things such as poetry and the ‘meaning of liff’, then I found an internet site, that would do it all for me from the comfort of my own living room (well bedroom actually).
3. I used to talk to nutters at the bus stop, until it became dangerous, now I do it on here, in the safety of my own home.4. Attention Seeker-enough said
5. I like to write, it improves my vocabulary, and communication skills.- even tho’ I use words like bovver, summink and bloomin’ to be different, and contrary.6. I like the games that go on, unofficially. We all know that this is meant to be a consumer review site, I use the word MEANT, advisedly. Half of the people on here if you could get them to admit it are looking for more than a bit of info on the latest coffee grinder. Including, flirting, fighting and free entertainment.
7. Flirting with other members- YOU know who you are- the ‘looking for lurv’ merchants, who send you tantalising messages in your guest book, and double entendres, at 10,O’clock at night, when it’s getting dark and lonely.8. Fighting with other members. You also know who you are- the power politics on Ciao is unbelievable; this site seems to be in a perpetual state of revolution, and one-upmanship. I like it when people complain about what I have said, and we can have a good old ding-dong, not that I am deliberately provocative you understand. I always believe in what I say, which makes it all the more fun when people disagree with you.
9. It’s free; I can’t afford to do anything else. As a (mature) student, I don’t have a lot of money so I need to find other like-minded delinquents, with nothing better to do with themselves than write ‘war and peace’ length articles on tins of baked beans…well, I found ‘em.10. You can thumb your nose at people and they can’t touch you, Tee Hee! : P
11. I have the ability to make some extra money…HA ! HA ! HA !… I thought I would include that one for a sense of Irony. Anyone who has been here for six months or more knows that that is more a fact based in folklore and legend than in reality. I have been here for about three years I think (I must be up for parole soon) and I have made about £90. That is approx 1p for every thousand words I think, summink like that anyway, they pay Sun journalists more than they pay us, what does that say?12. You get to say (more or less) what you like, within the realms of decency…and sometimes beyond.
13. I like talking to people. You end up talking to people you would NEVER usually get chatting to, at the bus stop, as mentioned previously, for fear of reprisals and/or them following you home, or even more disturbing, you following them home. I have struck up conversations and friendly arguments, debates with folks, on here, who would probably not give me the time of day if I met them in the street, or would run for cover if I approached them on the subjects of life, money, experiences and the rest of the TWADDLE that gets talked about on here.
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment