99p Stores

Review of "99p Stores"

published 16/10/2014 | CoffeeQueen68
Member since : 08/01/2014
Pro Lots of cheap stuff.
Cons Cam sometimes look a bit untidy.
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"You'll get a penny change!"

Stuff you can buy in the 99p Store.

Stuff you can buy in the 99p Store.

The cut-price stores and supermarkets seem to be popping up all over the place these days, and who can blame them with people wanting to buy cheaper and get more for their money? And the 99p store is no exception. The one in my town of Great Yarmouth has been here for a number of years now, perhaps 5 or 6 if my memory serves me correctly. So, what exactly can you get for 99p? The store in my town is quite large and I can only write this review based on shopping in this store only, but some peoples shopping experience may differ.

Food and Drink

When it comes to food and drink, they do quite a range of this, and sometimes on certain products can buy, for instance, 2 tins for 99p. You can buy branded name products like Weighwatchers, Pepsi, Heinz products etc. There is also tinned products, crisps, jars of stuff like curry sauces, spaghetti bolognaise mixes, packets of rice, sweets and confectionary, breakfast cereals, condiments such as ketchup etc. In my store there is also a chilled cabinet where you can buy cheese, bacon, butter and margarine etc.
Household products

You can also buy household products here got everyday living like washing powder, detergent, fabric softener, cleaning product such as bleach, washing up liquid and wipes. There is a good selection of products to choose from. You can also buy every day items such as soap, shower gel, bubble bath, shampoo, conditioner, hair brushes, combs etc. And also there is a selection of baby products you can purchase too like baby food, bottles, dummies etc.

And also instore are DIY products, a range of animal products like dog and cat food, decorating supplies such as paint brushes rollers and carpet floor tiles.
Homeware

In the Homeware department, I find there are handy products here for your home and decoration such as cheese graters, kitchen utensils and general products like vases, pizza cutters etc.
Holiday Products

Of course, they also do seasonal products. Now we have Halloween on the way there are plenty of Halloween stuff to buy like sweets, and things to help with your trick or treating. Of course, Christmas is next so all the decorations will follow.
Stationary

I find there is a good array of stationary to be had as well, like paper and pens, colouring books, envelopes of different sizes. There is also things for your computer like DVD's, CD's, earphones, mobile phone covers etc.
What else to they sell?

Well, my favourite season is Spring, and I do enjoy looking around these stores at that time of year to get plants, bulbs, flowers and general gardening supplies for my garden. I also like to get bird food and general seed and fat balls for the birds. You can also buy dental products, general beauty products such as make-up and perfume.
The layout of the store

As I say, my particular store is quite large and there is a lot packed in it. As I walk in, the tills are to the left. Some of the aisles are quite high. I am quite short though compared to some people, so reaching high is sometimes an issue. There is plenty of space between each aisle to move your trolley or hand basket around. I find sometimes it looks a bit untidy the way they have put the things out on the aisles, but generally, searching for things is quite easy.

The service I find is quite quick. Of course, it all depends on how long the queues are and how much stuff people have, but I find the staff tend to serve the customers quick quickly and seem to get the queue down quite quick. I have always found the staff helpful and knowledgeable and willing to help with queries. I also notice in my store that there is always a security man on duty too, which is good.

My thoughts

I try not to shop in here on busy days such as on a Saturday or market days, but I have always had quite a nice shopping experience in here. I do not have a car, so it is a bit of a job for me to walk to my nearest supermarket, so I personally find stores like this and Poundland easier for me to shop in to get my everyday products. Highly recommended.

Thanks for reading. =)