ALEX Toys Rub a Dub

Review of "ALEX Toys Rub a Dub"

published 11/07/2017 | arwyn3
Member since : 01/09/2016
WOW!!! I won a third diamond!!! Thank you
Pro Inexpensive and make bath time fun.
Cons Crayons come out of plastic containers after a while
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Rub a dub bub two kids in a tub - a colourful one at that!!!"

~~~Alex Toys Rub a Dub Draw in the Tub Bathtub Crayons~~~

When my daughter and three-year-old grandson and 6-year-old granddaughter were coming to stay for a few days, my wife and I had a mooch around Home Bargains for little things to keep them occupied during their stay.
One of the things we spotted, and popped in our basket, was a small box of crayons and rubber that are especially designed for using in the bath. It seemed a very good purchase to me, for just £1.99.

~~~What do you get? ~~~

The box (which measures around 8” x 6”), contains six special bathtub friendly coloured crayons in special plastic holders– red, yellow, orange, blue, violet and green and a yellow, duck-shaped sponge with one white abrasive side. Everything is nicely packaged in the box, which has a white tiled background and bubbles on, there is a duck shaped cut out to show the sponge and a small horizontal cut out along the top to display all six coloured crayons. The presentation is far nice enough to be given as a present.
They are recommended for children aged 2+
Manufacturer’s Details

• These colourful bathtub crayons can be used to create bath time art on tiled surfaces or on little bodies!
• The 6 crayons are formulated gently enough to be used on the body and wipe easily from non-porous surfaces
• Draw on tile and wash off when done
• Clean, bath time fun
• Includes red, yellow, blue, green, purple and orange bath crayons in plastic holders
• Duck sponge included
• Taking a bath has never been so much fun!
• Suitable for age 2 onwards

~~~What the Manufacturer Says ~~~

“Splish and splash in the tub with these colourful bathtub crayons from Alex Toys. Imagine all the fun you'll have drawing cool pictures on the bathtub wall or yourself! Each colour is formulated gentle enough to be used on the body. Use your imagination to create all kinds of wacky pictures or play a game of tic-tac-toe. Clean up is so easy - simply soak the duck-shaped sponge with water and wipe off your design. Taking a bath has never been so much fun!”
~~~What I Say ~~~

There was no problem getting Freddie and Amy into the bath when they saw their little gift; the children are still young enough to bathe together and sometimes it can be a messy affair!!
Getting Freddie into the bath normally can be a tricky affair! He usually hates taking a bath- I mean Water? Soap? Cleaning?!!! He might melt away When he saw this set though, his hatred of the bathtub took second place to his love of colouring and sure enough- it WORKED, in he jumped ready to start being artistic the problem was getting him out again!
He happily coloured on the tiles (and himself) while we gave him a quick scrub down after an afternoon playing in the garden.

I have to admit to these being the first bath crayons that I had come across; I was never the main child bather in the house but I’m confidant these were not around when our children were little – if they were I don’t think we had them!
I think that they are a great idea, the crayons do seem good and sturdy, although after several goes a couple did fall out of the container leaving some messy hands. The colour though, does wash off tremendously easily, both off the children and the tiles. We did get some in the grouting, but after a good quirt of bleach all was well!
The duck sponger also works well at removing the art work from the tiles.
~~~Some safety facts you may want to know ~~~

Are they toxic?

Alex Toys state that “We do NOT use BPA in our manufacturing processes. All crayons are tested to conform to LHAMA D4236 which identifies a product as being NON-TOXIC.”
Even though these crayons are non-toxic, so should be safe to ingest small amounts but I would recommend against it. I would suggest staying in the bathroom while in use, especially with younger children, as we know, all kids love putting things in their mouths!!

Does it wash off easily?

Wash from skin with soap and water if necessary, the colour washes off nearly all fabrics with normal laundering, soak in warm water to remove severe stains. Do be careful of excess colouring near to grouting as the colour may not wash of from this.
Caution: Do not apply to eyes or lips.
~~~Not got a Home Bargains? Here’s where else you can buy them. ~~~

It is around 3 months now since we bought this colourful bath set, So I’m nit sure whether or not they are still for sale in Home Bargains, but if they are at £1.99, I would recommend buying some ready for stocking fillers (they do have a sell by date on – there was only about 8 months left on the pack we bought so do check this!)
Otherwise the Rub a Dub Draw in the Tub Bathtub Crayon set is available from the following places:
• Amazon: From £3.95
• E BAY: From £5.95
• Webs Direct: £4.99 (https://www.webbsdirect.co.uk/draw-in-the-tub-2-designs-available/?SKU=548337&gclid=CMex9efQgdUCFQ4R0wodu1cD8Q)

~~~Pictures ~~~

Aw, when my daughter was Freddie’s age we would have had no qualms taking photos of her drawing with these in the bath, but these days I’m afraid it is frowned upon to take such pictures – so we just have pictures of the art!!!

1. Wiping off the artwork – oops some on the grouting!!
2. Very easy to draw on the tiles