AMD FX8150 Bulldozer

AMD FX8150 Bulldozer

Review of "AMD FX8150 Bulldozer"

published 18/11/2011 | fahim1rocks
Member since : 10/11/2011
I review all my products impartially. If you find anything wrong in my reviews then please let me know.
Pro Cheap, extremely fast
Cons The performance of this processor is weak on low resolution games
Speed
Ease of Installation
Stability
Manufacturer Support
Instruction manual

"AMD's latest bulldozer processor"

AMD Bulldozer-FX8150 processor architecture

AMD Bulldozer-FX8150 processor architecture

My brother recently gifted me a desktop with AMD's bulldozer processor. I was amazed to see its speed. I think that this processor definitely beats all intel core i7 processor!!

Configuration of my desktop

Processor: AMD bulldozer-FX8150 ($245)
Ram: 6GB DDR 3 ($85)
HDD: 1TB ($60)
Motherboard : ASUS' Crosshair V Formula AM3+ ($250)
Graphics: XFX HD Radeon 6870 ($200)
Power supply: Gigabyte 600W ($40)
My experience

The games run totally smooth. I played Modern warfare 3 and battlefield 3 and they both run absolutely smooth just like in a PS3 and Xbox 360 and loading time is less than 15 seconds!!. I think that the graphics look even more realistic than my PS3.
Multitasking is very smooth and fast even when the game is running (I meant that the game is minimized). I think that it will be able play 4 blue ray movies at a time without any problem.
Major Advantages

My desktop came with the AMD-FX8150 procssor. It consists of 8 core and each core has a clock speed of 4.2 Ghz (max). It has a total of 16MB cache memory. It consumes 125 Watt (max) of power. This is probably one of the fastest microprocessor in the world and costs at an affordable price of $245 !!

Another great advantage for gamers: It is the world's first microprocessor which is certified for cooling with liquid cooling system provided by AMD which will costs $100 once available and does not need to be refilled with liquids. This will increase the processor performance about 20%!!
Disadvantages

The performance of this processor is weak on low resolution games compared to Intel's sandy bridge processors.
buying guide

If you are a hardcore gamer than this processor is definitely going to impress you. If you are already running a AMD processor than this processor could be an inexpensive but effective upgrade as many of these motherboard has AM3+ sockets.
In my opinion this processor is definitely worth it's price.

If you are willing to buy a computer just for e-mailing, chatting, working on spreadsheets and entertainment then think twice about buying this computer as you can buy a very cheap PC that will suit your needs.