ASDA Ibuprofen Caplets

ASDA Ibuprofen Caplets

Review of "ASDA Ibuprofen Caplets"

published 24/04/2012 | star3683
Member since : 14/11/2010
Pro Works well, excellent value, easy to swallow
Cons A great value painkiller
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Easy Your Pain!"

I have a draw in my kitchen which is a designated medical draw where I keep a variety of lotions, potions and tablets in case of illness. One basic pain killer that I always keep in my draw is ibuprofen and my last purchase was from Asda.
I paid just £0.54 for a box of 16 Ibuprofen 200mg caplets. I think this is excellent value and I am all for purchasing own brand and discount branded medical products as they often still use the same active ingredients but cost a fraction of the price of the leading well known brands.
The tablets come in a red and white box which has all the necessary information about the caplets on it. This includes what the caplets can be used for, dosage and basic warnings. Inside the box you will find the caplets contained within two blister packs with each containing 8 tablets. There is also an information leaflet giving you full detailed information about the caplets. It is easy to remove the caplets from the blister pack by simply popping them out one by one from the foil covering, the remaining caplets are then still contained in the pack to keep them fresh.
It states on the pack that the caplets are for the relief of rheumatic and muscular pain, backache, neuralgia (nerve pain), headaches, migraine, dental pain, period pain, fever and for relief of colds and flu. It is recommended that adults and children over the age of 12 years should take 1 to 2 caplets up to 3 times per day with water. You should not take the caplets more than every four hours or exceed 6 caplets in each 24 hour period. These caplets are not suitable for children under the age of 12 years.
I tend to take ibuprofen when I have a headache or more muscular pain, I do tend to suffer with mild backpain at times and find that taking a couple of these capsules really helps to relief the discomfort. I take two of the caplets with water or a soft drink and find them really easy to swollen as they are quite small and have a smooth sugar coated covering so slip down quite easily. Ibuprofen are also often used to help to reduce swelling and I was advised to take them after surgery to help with this. Personally I have found these caplets to work just as well as the leading brands of ibuprofen that I have tried. I find that after taking the caplets my aches and pains seem to ease within half an hour and stay away for a good 3 hours plus. Overall these are a great value painkiller which I will continue to purchase and would certainly recommend.