ASDA Smartprice Food Bags

ASDA Smartprice Food Bags

Food Bags

Review of "ASDA Smartprice Food Bags"

published 10/04/2012 | cornishchic
Member since : 27/07/2011
Pro Easy to use, cheap
Cons None

"Food bags"

Food bags come in handy for a variety of purposes, something to keep sandwiches in for packed lunches, freezing different foods and even keeping little bits and bobs in the same place. I have been using these Asda Smartprice food bags.

Price and packaging

These food bags are part of Asda’s own Smartprice range, therefore, can only be purchased in Asda stores. 100 food bags currently cost 83 pence.

The food bags come wrapped up in a plastic white and green bag. The food bags are all rolled up into one big circle, also inside the pack are lots of ties so that the bags can be tied, keeping whatever food stuff is inside nice and fresh.

Food bags

The food bags are easy to unroll from the main roll, they are rolled up like bin bags, so each one has to be pulled off from the roll along the perforated edge. It’s easy to just simply rip them off. Open the food bag up and pop whatever in then use the ties to do the up, that’s it, you’ve used your food bag!

I, personally, don’t use the ties to tie the food bags up, I just usually put a knot in the bag myself. My most common use for the food bags is portioning my daughters meals, as there is only 2 of us, it means a lot of leftover food after I’ve made a big meal, so I tend to put left over casseroles, cottage pies and the like in the bags and freeze them. Using food bags means I don’t have to use any Tupperware which saves a lot of room in my freezer.

I’ve been using the bags recently to bag up my penny jar into £’s as I haven’t got any money bags until I go into town. It holds on to the weight of coins well without ripping or tearing. Despite this, the food bags are very easy to rip with your fingers when you want to get into your sandwich or whatever is in them, without having to mess around trying to undo the knot or tie.

The food bags are a nice size, if I use them for putting sandwiches in, I’ve found that I can put a sandwich in whole, instead of cutting it in half and then stacking them on top of each other. The only problem by putting a sandwich in whole, is that it makes it difficult for me to put a knot on the end of the bag, if I kept the ties then these would have been perfect to do the bags up

Overall I’d definitely recommend these bags, they are so cheap at under a penny a bag and there are so many different uses for them. I haven’t experienced any problems using the Smartprice food bags, so will continue to purchase them.