Review of "ASDA Smartprice Straws"

published 06/04/2012 | linzee_loulabelle
Member since : 26/11/2004
Thank you so much for any E given on a review! I appreciate them so much! Wow... Gold finally! mehimthedogandababy.com
Pro Cheap, last ages
Cons Nothing

"Cheap straws do the trick"

Being a student, I often have friends over for drinks before going out. All of my other friends live in private halls so they don’t have a lot of space and have to share a kitchen/ living room. This makes their places not ideal for quite a lot of people drinking and I’m the only one who has a flat. Anyway, as there is lots of drinking going on, I always like to have straws in.

Living across the road from Asda, it is my usual place to shop. Here, I picked up a packet of the Smart Price straws which cost only 18p. For this price, I wasn’t expecting anything great but they’re only going to get thrown away after being used so I didn’t mind too much. For 18p, you get a box of 50 straws. The straws come in a clear, plastic box which is just big enough for the straws. The box has a small stickered label on it which explains what the product is, how many straws you get and it also has the Asda Smart Price logo on it.

Each straw is about 17cm in length so they can be used with most glasses or cups. They are slightly wider than I would have imagine and thought they would only be suitable for regular drinks but I have found that they are wide enough for milkshakes and thicker drinks too which is great. The straws are mainly white with coloured lines down them. If it were children using these straws, this would be a great aspect as the children would be able to pick their favourite colours.

When it comes to value, these straws are great. As you get 50 in each box, the straws costs less than half a penny each. The straws are durable and last quite a long time. They could even be washed after using them if you did so carefully. As they are so cheap though, I don’t really see the point in doing this. For 18p, washing them is a complete waste of time.

I really don’t see the need to pay any more than this for something like straws and will definitely be sticking with this brand. Asda do really good value products and this is another of them.

• Coloneljohn published 18/04/2012
    Handy things to have about. John