ASDA Smartprice Toilet Tissue

ASDA Smartprice Toilet Tissue

Toilet Tissue

Review of "ASDA Smartprice Toilet Tissue"

published 04/04/2012 | randy_edith
Member since : 25/09/2011
Well I didn't dig the hole deep enough and now something's dug poor Gertie back up, I think it's a fox, it's very upsetting to see
Pro It was very cheap
Cons Not white and rough and harsh to use

"It's a bit on the rough side and not white"

The last time I went to Asda it was with my daughter and I needed toilet paper as part of my shopping. I bought some Asda’s own brand paper as I have had this before and it was quite nice I thought and cheaper than the more expensive brands such as Andrex. I bought 12 rolls even though it is just me at home I thought I’d buy a big pack as I don’t get to shop at Asda that often. The 12 rolls was only £1.39, which I thought was more than a fair price to pay. The colour was white and the packaging was just plain. I have none of these left now as I have my normal ones in the house. The paper was a little bit off white though and I thought it looked cheap when I first took it out of the plastic pack and it felt quite rough in my hands, more rough and cheaper looking than the last lot I bought from Asda.

It was hard to pull it apart so I could put it onto the toilet roll holder to get the first few squares off. It was all stuck together and I made a mess and wasted quite a bit of it and this got me cross. I found this was also the case with most of the other ones in the pack. They were all stuck together and I was wasting the fist 10 or so squares.

It was quite rough paper I thought and not as nice and absorbent as the usual papers I like to buy but it was fine if I was going to use it as an emergency or if I had run out of my normal nice toilet paper. I had to use quite a bit of this toilet paper to get the same absorbency as I would have done with my Andrex or Double Velvet and it was definitely not as comfortable to use.

It is a two-ply tissue paper but it just felt very thin and not really pleasant to use. I don’t like to buy cheap toilet paper but I know the better quality ones are a lot more expensive but you do get what you pay for I think. I also like a paper to be white if it is advertised as being white, and this one looked a bit creamy putty looking to me and I didn’t’ t care for that.

It was fine, but I was disappointed it wasn’t as nice as it had been the first time I had bought this paper.