ATPL Aviation Meteorology (PC)

ATPL Aviation Meteorology (PC)

Review of "ATPL Aviation Meteorology (PC)"

published 10/10/2013 | TarikMerryface
Member since : 06/10/2013
I have undertaken the hugely daunting task of doing two courses at once: my university degree and my professional pilot training. My blog & web: thewebpilot.blogspot.co.uk www.merryfaceaviation.com
Satisfactory
Pro Complete syllabus, clear voice overs
Cons Cheap animations, seemed to have been made in a rush

"OAA's expensive presentation"

I have been having quite a bit of difficulty with my preparation for my Meteorology ATPL exam so I needed to do something desperate. There were no weekend courses available for meteorology so I decided to turn to technology.

Oxford Aviation Academy are well known throughout the world for their top class training facilities and record high pass rates. That's why I decided that if I were to spend a lot of money on extra virtual tuition, it would be from them.

They claim that the CD is an interactive course teaching the ATPl meteorology syllabus. Instead I found myself confronted with a cheaply programmed software that gives simple animations of the course content with a voice over, and a handful of questions form the question bank. This nonsense for £65!

Now to be fair the information is extremely well presented and well explained. It's still nevertheless just an animated textbook from my point of view. I was expecting it to have interactive tools to help you understand the information, instead it just presents it to you.

If you don't have a textbook or anything to learn it from then I would reccomend this software.

if however, you are looking for some way to help you study, this isn't the software for you. It really really isn't.

I gave it two stars simply because of the misguidance in the use of the words 'interactive software' and the lack of features it offers for its exorbitant price. A better description would be 'a set of virtual lessons of the syllabus.'

It seems severely overpriced for such hastily created software.

Product Information : ATPL Aviation Meteorology (PC)

Listed on Ciao since: 09/10/2013