About Last Night - Adele Parks

About Last Night - Adele Parks

Fiction - Classics - ISBN: 755371291

Review of "About Last Night - Adele Parks"

published 26/12/2011 | marsland1
Member since : 03/05/2010
A Merry Christmas to you all, many thanks for all your RRC x
Pro very well written, very engaging
Cons lots of long paragraphs
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"A great read"

I do like Adele Parks' books and I think this one is my favourite. I enjoy her laidback style. She has written many books which I have read but this one was very enjoyable in particular.

Quite a large book at over 400 pages this book kept my interest from page one and left me disappointed when it ended.

The story tells about two best friends; Pip and Steph. Steph is usually very in control whilst Pip is quite the opposite but then Pip finds herself in trouble and turns to her best friend for help. This is not just a small favour that Steph is asking of Pip but a huge one which could cause great trouble. Suddenly this request causes the women to evaluate their friendships and ask themselves just how far would they go to help each other.

What I really liked about this book was that it pulled me in almost immediately and I found myself wondering what I would do in their situations. The way it was written was very good at making you want to keep reading, I wanted to know what they were going to do and how it would pan out.

There were heavy chunks of text in this book with little dialogue between characters so at times it was quite difficult to read as I like to have dialogue but the benefit of this meant that I could really get to know the characters as it was very descriptive. I did feel as though I could relate to them and this is a sign of a good writer.

I really enjoyed reading this, I really wanted to carry on reading it into the night and would look forward to picking it up again once I'd put it down. It really did have me turning the pages. I think it would be an ideal book to read if you're on holiday as it's quite light but also got a good amount of meat to it to keep you interested and absorbed.

Definitely one of Adele Parks' best books.

• Coloneljohn published 07/01/2012
    Good review. John
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 26/12/2011
    My sisters read this, I recognised the cover as soon as I opened your review. x
  • xmum2fourx published 26/12/2011