emi_angel 4

emi_angel

About me: moving house soon so need to make some extra pennies!!! thanks for all who rate my reviews, always rate back :)

Member since:03.02.2006

grooooovy purse

18.05.2012

Advantages:
unusual, cheerful colour, large, lots of slots for cards

Disadvantages:
clasp is loose, can get dirty easily, expensive

Design/Style

and a further member
  1. lillamarta
  2. Gingerkitty
  3. helenc72

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ ~ ~ ACCESSORIZE - ORANGE WITH FLOWER PRINT PURSE ~ ~ ~ + ~ + ~ + ~
I recently bought this purse as my old one was looking really tired and I was finding it hard to find more room for the more store cards I was collecting.
I bought the purse from Accessorize a few months ago, it was my first time buying a purse from the shop but I do buy a lot of jewellery from the shop so I knew the purse should be a good quality.
The purse is very pretty looking in an unusual bright orange colour. The orange does stand out but it's a lovely shade and brightens up my bag. The outer part of the purse is made from a shiny plastic material so it's easy to keep clean only needing an occasional wipe down once and a while. I like how the stitching is exposed around the edges of the purse as it gives the purse more detail. Also I really like the metal parts on the folded part of the purse as it breaks up the orange colour and I have found makes sure the purse doesn't easily become damaged from constantly being opened and closed. I was surprised how well the quality of the purse has lasted as it is still shiny with no scratches, damage or flaws after being used every day for the past few months.
The purse has a clasp style lock which is made from shiny gold style metal in which you need to squeeze the two "screw" like claps to open up the purse, I like this as it reduces the risk of anything escaping out of the purse and makes sure its securely closed. Although the clasp is very helpful I have found recently that one of the screws has loosened and has come off all together which I then have the annoying task of rooting around at the bottom of bag trying to fit it to screw it back on so I can open and close the purse again.
I really like the inside of the purse and is what convinced me to buy the purse. The inside of the purse has an unusual vintage style flower print, reminds me of the 50's 60's with the design. The colour inside matches well with the burnt orange colour of the outside of the purse. The colours inside the purse are more toned down than the outside, with a brown/orange and black tone of the flowers with the beige/cream background; I love how original it is. The material inside the purse feels like a canvas style fabric which does worry me how long the colour will last and how easy it is to get discoloured.
The coin holder part of the purse is large so you can get a lot of pennies in there which is secure with a zip. I have found that I have had no problems with pennies escaping from my purse like other purses I have had. Behind the coin holder part of the purse is a space where you can hold notes or other paper related things e.g. receipts. This space is also quite big so you can get quite a lot of notes in this area...if you are lucky to have any! There is 6 holders for cards, 1 of those 6 is windowed which I use to hold a card with a cute poem of given to me by my sister, this could also be great for holding a picture. I do prefer having a window in a purse as I like to have something in my purse thats personal or something with meaning. All 6 of the card holders are a good size in which I feel they do keep the cards in place with no risk of any falling out but not too tight where they get stuck. I really like how there is 6 card holders as I have found previous purses have very few card holders. Although 6 is a lot I do have to double some of my cards which is slightly annoying or maybe a sign I have too many store cards! Behind the card slot part of the purse there is another 2 areas where you can hold your notes or other paper items which I use to hold more cards that don't fit into the 6 provided.
the size of the purse....
closed purse = approx 17.5cm long by 10.5cm
opened purse = approx 18cm by 27cm
window card holder slot (perfect for a picture!) = 5cm by 7.5cm
I bought this purse from Accessorize for £16.99. I do think the purse is very high for just a purse; however I do think the quality of the purse is excellent and the design is unusual and very pretty that it sort of makes the price more excusable. Most purses in Accessorize are around this price so I wasn't surprised by how much they were selling this purse. I do think the price is good when comparing it to other shops such as Topshop or River Island who asks for similar or often more for there purses. Over the past few months I still feel like the quality of the purse is pretty much exactly the same as I bought it even though I do use it every day where it gets handled and bashed around in my bag constantly. I really like all the different compartments of the purse as there is always room for something you need to carry in your purse. All the compartments are large in size so there is enough room for most things. Having such big parts to the purse and the number of compartments incorporated into the purse has caused the purse to be quite large in size (see above of approx sizes). This is the largest purse I have owned and found it strange at first as it felt like a mini bag on its own. I have found that the size has meant that I can't use the purse when I am using certain bags. If I am using a small bag for when I am out in the evening I have to use my spare smaller purse as it will not fit into my handbags, this might be a problem for some people who always use small bags but for me it's something I have gotten use too and would rather keep my good purse at home when on a night out.
Although the price is slightly high for a basic purse with nothing too fancy about it I do think it is a good purchase. The purse has a number of compartments that are useful and actually help organise your purse which is great for me. The screw style part of the clasp does annoyingly slacken which I have fixed with superglue but I am unsure if this is with all purse or if I unluckily had chosen a faulty one. The purse is very pretty and vintage looking with its 50's / 60's style print that makes it stand out from most other purses. The design is stylish, tasteful, and classy which is exactly what I need for a bag I need for everyday use. The purse has remained in excellent quality over the past few months even after constant use which really demonstrate the excellent quality the purse is and this is why I would recommend this purse.
Please check out my pictures so you can really see how pretty the purse is and will help demonstrate what I have tried to explain in this review :)
Thanks for reading :)
Emma

Pictures of Accessorize Orange Flower Print Purse

tune57 19.06.2012 17:15

This would be no good for me. My husband already complains I have everything but the kitchen sink in my handbag that I've had to swiitch to a much smaller bag.

dee7778 17.06.2012 09:14

A bit on the pricey side, but it does sound worth it!

StazKilly 28.05.2012 23:10