Accord Mortgages

Accord Mortgages

Review of "Accord Mortgages"

published 28/02/2006 | BLACKDOG100
Member since : 07/09/2005
Pro Good products. Current outgoings such as credit card payments are not taken into the multiplier
Cons Only available through intermediaries
Efficiency of service
Competitiveness of charges/rates
Staff courtesy
Promptness of service
Online - Content/organization of site

"Accord Mortgages "Accords the right solutions""

I know that out there there are a lot of good organised people who never have any credit card balances, and are able to always pay them totaly at the end of the month.

If you are like me and I know that there are a lot of others, and you have a handfull of cards with balances that do not get cleared at the end of each month, then before you know it, you do not know where you are.

I know this may sound irresponsible but I do manage my debt and was therefore looking to consolidate my credir card debt with my morgage payment.

To this end I used a mortgage broker (Who I will write a review on later) to do all the hard searching work of all the usual high street names.

However, partly because I was looking to consolidate credit card debt with my mortgage, the broker recomended Accord Mortgages to me.

This was primarily because Accord mortgages is only available through intermediaries, and secondly because they do not take into consideration your current out goings in terms of credit card repayments as others do, even though you intend to lower your month out goings by consolidating.

Like me alot of you will probably have never heard of Accord Mortgages. In fact they our an owned subsiduary of the Yorkshire Building Society. One of the biggest mortgage lenders in the country. As are a number of other itermediary companies eg Mortgage Express (Bradford and Bingley).

In the end I was able to get a mortgage that was flexible and suited my circumstances at the same rates you would get in any high street. But the problem is that you have to be introduced to them by an intermediary broker. But this is not a bad thing as you get the broker to do all the hard work with your application.

When my application was with accord the whole process could not have been smoother apart from a couple of errors in my initial offer that were quickly corrected and re-issued.
Once your are a customer with Accord you can deal direct with regard to any ammendments or additional borrowing and this can all be carried via the post and with the help of friendly staff at the end of the phone

• xdonzx published 07/09/2007