Acer Aspire 5920
Screen Size: 15.4 in - Intel Core 2 Duo - HDD: 200 - Windows Vista Home Premium
15 reviews from the community
Review of "Acer Aspire 5920"
I bought this laptop about a month ago. So far it has served me very well. It's not the most portable laptop ever made but it's is unique in design and has a cream interior which is a great contrast to it's glossy shiny black cover (although the cover does get annoying smudged very easily). I also love the Webcam in the lid which is perfect for video chatting, although i was disappointed that it cannot be swivled around like it can be on other acer models.You can read about the advantages of this laptop all over the net and i would agree - it is a fast capable laptop. However there are some negatives, namely:
1. if you close the lid or leave it in hibernation for too long with the lid closed, it makes an incredibly annoying high pitched continuous beep until you raise the lid. Sometimes i have had to restart it to stop the noise.
2. the microphone in the lid is incredibly sensitive and when the volume is turned up and the laptop moved the laptop begins to emit that awful noise again.
3. the touch sensitive media buttons on the right of the keyboard are too sensitive and i often end up touching them and opening the program by mistake.
4. i bought this laptop from laptops direct and it only comes with trial versions of windows office and Norton anti-virus. Most people will already know this, but just thought I would point out.
5. After about 45 minutes the base of the laptop ddoes get quite hot, so don't rest it on bare skin
Product Information : Acer Aspire 5920
Manufacturer's product descriptionScreen Size: 15.4 in - Intel Core 2 Duo - HDD: 200 - Windows Vista Home Premium
RAM / Installed Size: 4
OS Provided / Type: Windows Vista Home Premium
Display / Diagonal Size: 15.4
Hard Drive / Capacity: 200
Optical Storage / Type: HD DVD-R
Processor / Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
Header / Manufacturer: Acer
System / Hard Drive Capacity: 200
Long Name: Aspire 5920
Listed on Ciao since: 31/05/2007