Acer Extensa 4220

Acer Extensa 4220

Review of "Acer Extensa 4220"

published 12/12/2008 | ihate22
Member since : 11/11/2008
Welcome Everyone! I also write on dooyoo under the same username so some of you may recognise me.
Pro read review
Cons read review
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"Acer Extensa 4220"

Acer notebooks are really famous in all the world, mostly because of their notebooks price and reliability. I have used many series of Acer notebooks and all the time, when I use some Acer notebook, I't pretty amazed. All the time I think, how Acer can make so good and powerful notebooks, but seriously, I don't understand.

I used Acer Extensa 4220 about 4 months ago first time, after that, my friend got it for his birthday. I was really amazed, because of this notebook outlook and weight. It's really portable, and really lightweight, so you can bring it with your, where every you want.Acer Extensa 4220 Specifications
Acer Extensa can be described as follows:

1. It has inbuilt card reader. Exactly five in one card reader. So you can upload files from five different cards. Also It's good, because you don't have to buy new card reader, because It's in built.

2. On the side of notebook, there and CD/DVD driver. CD/DVD driver enables reading and writing of CDs and DVDs at a speed of 8x and 24x respectively.

3. On the back, there are a few USB 2.0 holes to put in your mouse wire or something else.

4. As always, under the keyboard, there is a touch-pad. It responds your finger touch very nicely. Under the touch bad there are a few buttons. From the right side of these two buttons, there is a status indicators.

5. As always, top of the keyboard there is a control panel, where you can power on you notebook and other things.

Advantages of Acer Extensa 4220:

1. Touch pad responds your finger touch very nicely. Some other Acer notebooks touch-pads don't respond so nicely. Also status indicators are very useful. Buttons are very comfortable, somehow soft. There isn't any problem, that buttons gonna break.

2. Battery durability is awesome. Always, when I use it, I'm pretty amazed, that battery extends so long. I can bring this notebook to everywhere, I want and I really don't worry, that battery gonna go empty.

3. Screen size is pretty nice. 14.1" is pretty nice, of course some notebooks has bigger screens, but surely picture isn't so good. Picture quality is really good and picture is really pure. Even at the outside, if sun is shining, It's not the problem to watch screen. From the every direction picture is really pure.

4. Storage capacity is pretty nice. My old notebook had 60GB of storage capacity, but this notebook has 120GB of storage capacity, so I can download more programs, videos and other applications, with no problem.

5. Weight and outlook are really good. Weight is only 5.3 lbs, and It's really portable because of the weight. Really often I carry it with me and It really don't annoy me.

6. Acer notebooks are really famous, mostly because of their price as I said. Also this notebook price is really good. Only about $500 and It's really good price, for so good notebook. From eBay you can get cheaper, but of course It's used presumably.

Disadvantages of Acer Extensa 4220

1. All the time I use this notebook, It get's really hot and really my hands gonna hurt, because of that. It really annoys me, and I really don't like it. Maybe this problem is with only my notebook, but maybe not.

2. Keyboard isn't really comfortable. Buttons aren't comfortable, and unlike other notebooks, this notebook buttons are pretty weird somehow and I really don't like it. My hands start hurting very often and It really annoy me.

Advantages and Disadvantages shortly

+Touch Pad.
+Status Indicuators.
+Screen.
+Storage capacity.
+Price.
+Battery.
+Weight.

-Notebook get's really hot sometimes.
-Keyboard.

Also posted on Ciao.com, with same user name, iHate22

• catsholiday published 18/12/2008
    Useful review - thanks. Sue
  • ilusvm published 16/12/2008
    i have been very impressed with my acer laptop but its 4 years old now so about time that i upgrade! nice review. EM x
  • Shoka published 14/12/2008
    I hadnt heard of these until the recent annoying ad campaign with the two women talking about theirs as though they were discussing men. Have you seen it?