Acuvue Advance Contact Lenses

Acuvue Advance Contact Lenses

Review of "Acuvue Advance Contact Lenses"

published 10/06/2011 | lj1989
Member since : 01/03/2010
I'm back once more. Life is completely different for me now! More updates to follow :)
Pro Very comfortable
Cons None
Cost of solutions/maintenance

"The most comfortable lenses I have tried"

When I went to the opticians the other week for my annual contact lense check up my optician said that my eyes looked very irritated and very sore. Although they didnt feel *very* sore I had noticed that my contacts were feeling quite dry recently and after discussing it with my optician she suggested that I should try a different lense. She decided to give me a trial of Acuvue Advance and asked me to return in a week to discuss how I had been getting on with the lenses.

What are Acuvue Advance?

The full name of my contact lenses are Acuvue Advance with Hydraclear. They are made by Johnson and Johnson and are a two weekly lense where you change your lenses after two weeks of wear (if you take them out at night). If you choose to sleep with the lenses in then they must be changed weekly.

The lenses are meant to be very comfortable due to the hydraclear technology, they provide oxygen and are very soft on the eye.

How much do they cost?

Prices for the lenses seem to be pretty similar wherever you shop. Tesco are currently charging £27.00 for a 3 month supply which would be 6 pairs.

How easy are they to put in?

I find these so easy to put in compared with my old lenses. For my old lenses I would always need to use a comfort drop to make the lense settle on the eye properly and I would occasionally I have problems putting them in. This is not the case with these lenses, they are so simple to put in, I literally just place them straight onto my eye, blink and then they are settled on the eye for the day. No comfort drop is needed.

How comfortable are they throughout the day?

I find these lenses extremely comfortable. With my other lenses I would often get the feeling that my lenses were getting quite dry and they would begin to feel uncomfortable but these contact lenses are so comfortable I hardly realise they are there. I have worn them for up to 16 hours some days and they remain comfortable throughout the day with no need to use a drop or to take them out to clean them.

How do you clean them?

To clean the lenses I just pop them in a solution overnight. When I go to wear them the next time they are crystal clear and look very clean with no dirt on them.

How well do they last?

I have worn my current pair of lenses for about 10 days now and they are still feeling as good as new. I imagine if you wear them for just a few hours one day and a few hours another day this could be counted as one day because mine seem to be lasting well.

Would I recommend them and will I be buying them again?

I would certainly recommend these contact lenses and will definitely be buying them again. I appreciate they cost a little bit more than a lot of lenses do but for the difference in comfort I think it is worth it. These lenses are so comfortable on the eye I often forget I have them in and I find that I can see perfectly with them in. They are the best contact lenses I have tried and would certainly recommned all contact lense wearers to give them a try as I doubt very much that you would be disappointed.

Summary

A brilliant quality contact lense from a trusted brand. Extremely comfortable on the eye and good value for money.

• Graygirl published 11/06/2011
    Glad you were able to find something that suits you so well. Great review. x
  • Alyson29 published 11/06/2011
    These sound good value x
  • eve6kicksass published 10/06/2011
    Great review; tried contact lenses once in high school...for about 2 days. Needless to say, I'll stick with glasses. Chris x