Addison Lee Taxis

Addison Lee Taxis

Review of "Addison Lee Taxis"

published 22/04/2004 | k.Ali
Member since : 22/04/2004
Pro Website advertises excellent service, air conditioned people carriers, drivers that are experienced, talkative and friendly
Cons So far in my experience, the drivers can barely utter more than a few sentences of english, are often rude and fast but risky drivers.
Quality of Rooms
Customer service
Frequency of bus / buses
Speed

"Addison Lee"

Today I booked a minicab ( a basic people carrier) from Addison Lee. It arrived 10 minutes before it was due, the driver was rude "where you going?" he asked. He should have known as I'd stated this already.

He didn't know the route, which was amazing, as it was Central London and major roads. He played loud music of his own choice, he didn't utter a work of conversation. He swore constantly at the busy traffic (it was approx 9am in the morning). He seemed preoccupied with getting me to my destination in record speed but I knew it was because he'd accepted a job, while I was in the car, that would pick up in 5mins time, which was on the other side of town and he was in a hurry. He had already deleted my job from his computer.

We arrived at my destination, well on time, but he'd swerved in and out of lanes, drove erratically and for me too fast. However I couldn't get out of his minicab, because the door was locked, he said he had a child lock on it, but it turned out that it was very likely broken. I had to slide over and get out of the minicab onto the road.

He didn't say goodbye, when I said thankyou either.

I hope Addison Lee's other drivers are not SO rude. No wonder they are so cheap.

• purplelynne published 29/01/2005
    A taxi driver that doesn't speak? Can you give me their number! Thanks for the warning. Lynne x
  • demanagain published 03/12/2004
    Sorry you had such a bad experience k.Ali . We at Addison Lee pride ourselves as being the biggest and the best in the industry . As a contolller for the company I can promise that such behaviour is not tolerated . Drivers can get suspended or even sacked for such behaviour . Unfortunately we cannot act unless a customer makes a complaint . If you ever decide to give us another chance please rember that we can only weed out the "bad eggs" if we get the feedback from the customer . Again I apologise for your bad experience .
  • k.Ali published 13/05/2004
    Cheers Jesi Well I wouldn't use them again in a hurry. But yes its a good point, not all of their drivers are so bad. I have nothing against bad english, but bad manners is not on. However I have a couple of friends who use them and say they are pretty good at night. I would usually prefer to use London taxis anyway, however Addison Lee are probably half the price of them. I will try them again one day, to give the firm the benefit of the doubt. I had a friend who worked for them years ago and he drove like a maniac!!!! Hopefully not when he had fee paying passengers in the back. I guess it is a very highly stressed career though... Thanks for the welcome too... I will be back on at the end of May - essay deadlines etc!!

Product Information : Addison Lee Taxis