Adidas Groin Guard CE

Adidas Groin Guard CE

Other Boxing Clothing

Review of "Adidas Groin Guard CE"

published 04/06/2012 | xbrightx
Member since : 01/06/2012
Heating sorted - at a cost!
Pro Protection and comfort at a good price
Cons None
Quality of product

"Protection and Comfort Guaranteed"

---General---

I do a lot of sport and for some of them I need to protect my ‘crown jewels’. For this reason I bought the Adidas Boxing Men’s Groin Guard. I am sure I don’t have to really explain what it is. It is, in very simple terms, a protective shield against potential knocks I might or might not receive whilst undertaking my boxing training. I am often in full / semi contact with an opponent and I bought this just to give myself the protection I needed during either a match or during training. The groin guards come in a range of sizes, including small, medium, large or extra large. I bought medium.

---Cost and Availability---

I bought my Adidas Groin protector direct from the manufacturer, online and it cost me £27 including P&P. These particular groin guards appear to be fairly popular and are widely available.

---How Does it feel to Wear---

Actually, once I had found the correct size, it is surprisingly comfortable to wear and not as cumbersome as I’d initially anticipated. The sizing seems completely out of kilter though. As I said, I purchased a size medium, but the waist strap was ridiculously small, and at it’s full stretch it was bringing tears to my eyes and making me sound like I had a fairly high pitched voice. I sent it back and exchanged t, without any hassle, for a size large. Be warned though, I only have a size 32” waist and the sizing guide clearly stated that this should have been large enough for me, but unfortunately it wasn’t any near big enough. I would therefore opt for the larger size if you are in any doubt at all.

---What Do I think About it---

As I say, it is very comfortable to wear and it gives me the peace of mind that I’m going to be fully protected throughout a match or training session. It has a foam and gel padding and very heavy gauge cushioning. The rubber exterior fits snugly and doesn’t hamper my performance in the slightest. Although made from leather, the groin protector, I believe, actually looks like real leather and I like the fact that it’s good at absorbing perspiration.

---Do I recommend it---

I certainly do. I think that for anyone undertaking a contact sport, this is an essential piece of kit. It’s relatively inexpensive, durable, very comfortable to wear and gives me the protection I need.

• Novabug published 04/06/2012
    Comfort is always the key in my book to. My Taekwondo cup was sooo awkward, even though the spuds were well protected. :)

offers "Adidas Groin Guard CE"