Review of "Adidas Spain Euro 2016 Home Football Shirt"

published 24/10/2016 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Back after a rather busy bank holiday week!
Good
Pro Good quality, bright colours
Cons expensive, doesn't guarantee a good performance by the team.
Style

"Adidas Spain Euro 2016 shirt"

Adidas Spain Euro 2016 Home Football Shirt

Adidas Spain Euro 2016 Home Football Shirt

First impressions

Standing out from the crowd when watching a football tournament can be a risky business. You want to fit in with the crowd, but you also want to back a winner. I decide to plum for Spain instead of England, though I will discuss that shortly.

It is worth remembering that Spain traditionally play in red and gold. These are the colours of their home shirt, and I would always recommend buying the home shirt of any club you support. If you like the away colours then by all means buy that shirt, but for the European Championships it is worth just buying their home kit, as they will definitely be getting a match in these colours.

My experience

The reason I bought this shirt was quite simple. I knew England were not going to be the force to be reckoned with, like is always claimed. I also knew there were potential banana skins in their ground with not only Russia and Slovakia in their group but also

Wales. As it turned out England advanced to the knockout stage, just like Spain. Spain were champions for 8 years, but it was time for them to be dethroned, and although the Italians always fail to live up to expectations, they managed to beat Spain 2-0 - gutted! I am now left with no team to cheer on, and with England also out in the first knockout round I was left red-faced.

The reason for buying the shirt was that I thought I would get more use from it than an English one, but this was never the case. I ended up wearing this Spain jersey for 4 matches and on a few occasions before the tournament kicked off. It was then resigned to my cupboard where it now lives. A England shirt would at least be worn a few more times, but I will live and learn.

Tis Spain jersey is obviously mainly red and gold in colour. The typical Adidas shirts come with Climacool technology for drawing the sweat away from your skin, and this is designed to keep you both cool and dry. I am not sure how many people believe this works, but I am not 100% convinced it does. If anything it leaves the shirt stinking as it draws all the sweat into the material.

This shirt is a ribbed crew neck and this is typical of a football shirt. We have the Spanish Football Federation badge woven into the material, along with the Adidas branding, all on a polyester jersey. This kit looks stylish when your team are winning, though as do other football shirts.

Price and availability

I think I paid £50+ for this shirt. It is a lot of money, but that is the going rate for this type of product. Whether your team is a second rate League Two side or an international team of the highest level, prices will always be high.

Final thoughts

Overall I am happy with the quality of the Spain 2016 European Championship shirt. The team may have let me down, but the quality and look is very good. The price could be more reasonable, but again I can forgive this due to the cost of other shirts. I would definitely advise only buying your home nations' shirt in the future.

• MrsWilkes published 04/01/2017
    Vh
  • nic63 published 25/10/2016
    Nice colours!! Good review.
  • bettyboo47 published 25/10/2016
    They can take the mick with all the different kit!!

offers "Adidas Spain Euro 2016 Home Football Shirt"