Admiral

Admiral

Review of "Admiral"

published 27/03/2004 | mum_to_1
Member since : 27/03/2004
Pro Always willing to help.
Cons Beware hidden extras!

"Haven't found better for 3 years."

Despite spending time looking on-line and phoning round various companies Admiral have given me the best price three years running.
I'm 25 and Female, but have had fully comprehensive cover with them since I was 22. They were the best price for me when I drove a 1992 MR2 and now for my BMW 318is Coupe.
I pay £375 fully comp with 4 years no claims bonus.
When I bought the BMW I needed to transfer the private plate I had on the MR2. Initially I isnured the BMW on the plate it came with but then I needed the cover note with new registration on it so I could sort out the road tax with the DVLA. I phoned Admiral and they sorted it all out for me that day and I had the new cover note by the next day. The people I spoke to were very friendly and happy to help. This was not always the case at some of the other insurance companies I've been with.
It also didn't cost any extra to add my husband to the policy which is great as we are both covered fully comp on my car now.
One thing to be aware of though. Make sure you know if you are on a 12month or 10month policy. My first year was only a 10month policy so no wonder it seemed so much cheaper than the other quotes I'd had. It was a competitive quote though so that was ok. The 10 month policy also helps build up your no claims quicker.
The other thing was that they had added a £28 car hire fee. I didn't need this type of cover as we have two cars. It would have been a waste of money for me to pay this. I'm glad I spotted it so make sure you have a look at your policy if you are with them as you might not need the extra cover. They supply a car for free if your car needs to go to a garage.
I don't want to tempt fate but I haven't had to make a claim with them so I'm not sure how their services are in that area.
But otherwise for mr overall I have been happy with the service I have had from Admiral. I've always had friendly service on the phone and to me that goes a long way.

• AnitaM published 27/03/2004
    It's unusual for a company to be competitive year after year. I still do a major trawl of all the insurance companies each year!

Product Information : Admiral