Admiral

Admiral

Review of "Admiral"

published 20/09/2011 | Sn0wm0nkey
Member since : 14/09/2011
Pro Great Customer service when things go wrong, people make errors all the time it's how you fix them
Cons Renewal prices are more expensive and have to be checked with others before you get the best deal.

"Great customer service, have to be pushed for cheap renewals"

I've been with Admiral for two years now, and rarely speak to my insurance company unless I'm due for renewal. I found them via the price comparison websites and the entire set up process was hassle free. This year I bumped into another driver, completely my fault and really silly of me. Admiral handled the entire thing no problem and as I didn't have to make a claim on my car I had no excess to pay which was good. Cut to last month and I had a bit of a problem. I knew my policy was due in September but hadn't received a renewal quote so assumed it must be the end of Sept. Turns out that the renewal had already gone through and that Admiral had debited the full amount from my account. I was obviously annoyed as this had taken me over my bank limit and left me with no money for the rest of the month. I knew I should have been on top of when my insurance lapsed otherwise I could have been driving uninsured illegally. I was prepared to pay for the interim cover but wanted a refund on the remainder immediately and was looking to leave. I called and Spoke to a customer service guy Called Jessie and he was really really good. I was expecting quite an argument with Admiral but Jessie said highlighted that there had been a couple of customers with a similar problem and that not all renewal letters had been received. As a result he refunded the entire cost for me and admitted that Admiral would be liable for any bank charges I had incurred as a result. I was really expecting a nightmare trying to resolve this and found that the customer service approach and attitude was so helpful it took me by surprise. I was able to negotiate a cheaper renewal price, within a day or so the money was back into my account and I had new insurance cover at a reduced price.

I'm really happy with Admiral and would recommend them to anybody.

• LadyValkyrie published 20/09/2011
    I will probably be looking at a new insurance company next year so will bear them in mind. Welcome to Ciao! :)
  • flwilson published 20/09/2011
    I am with admiral and will be renewing my insurance soon so thanks for the information. I will look at other companies too :) x

Product Information : Admiral