Adrian Flux Insurance

Adrian Flux Insurance

Review of "Adrian Flux Insurance"

published 12/01/2001 | xr2i16v
Member since : 25/12/2000
Pro Low premiums on high risk groups, excellent service, credit facilities
Cons none I have found
Price
Service
Efficiency

"Fast car and young driver no problem"

Being young myself and also enjoying more powerful cars, I have the age old problem of insuring them!!

We all know that motor insurance is always on the up and most of us would probably just be as bold as to say, a complete rip off!

How can they justify charging you the car's value, just to insure it for a year?? Well, the simple fact is that they do!

As soon as I turned 17 and passed my test, my attention turned to what car I could afford......I soon discovered that it wasn't a case of what car I could afford but what car I could afford to insure. The buying of the car is no problem......you can pick up an Escort Cosworth for as little as £10K, but try insuring it under the age of 25 and you'll be paying between half and all of that just to insure it for a year.

I also found out that premiums vary wildly from one insurance company to the next. One company was quoting £3500 for my first car, which I eventually got down to £1000 with a little shopping around - and that is exactly what you have to do. It can pay dividends to spend an afternoon with a list of insurance companies, phoning one after the other, playing their quotes off against one another.

Insurance premiums are bad enough as it is. However being younger is more of a problem and probably only a quarter of the insurance companies will touch high risk drivers.

There is a cure!! Some companies specialise in providing competitive quotes for young drivers on high risk vehicles - some say they do and actually don't! However there are an elite few that are genuinely good!

Adrian Flux Insurance Services (08700 765450) are specialists in this field. Apparently, so a friend who is in insurance told me, they monopolise the classic car insurance industry and put most of that business the underwtiters way. Classic cars are rarely driven and therefore less often crashed, therefore less claims. The underwriters give Adrian Flux high discounts as a result of this and they choose to apply these discounts to the young person/high risk car group.

I have no idea how much truth there is in this claim - the person who told me has been in insurance for quite a while and has no reason to lie. Besides this, even if it weren't true, it wouldn't matter because whatever they do to get premiums down, they do it well.

I consistently find them the most competitive when quoting. No-one ever beats them (when I'm looking anyway!) Re: my renewal last year, they beat the next best company by £400. I find that quite impressive. The service is spot on, the staff know what they are talking about and certainly most of them know about performance cars. They even have a credit facility so you can pay monthly.....

I don't work for them, and have nothing to gain by directing customers their way. I am just happy with what they do and think they deserve recognition. If you fall into the same group as me, give them a try, you could make big savings like I did, and make the difference between insuring the car you want and not!

• darkangelwing published 28/07/2006
    Good review(-: ........................................................Darko
  • Infinity published 05/02/2001
    Nice one mate - well written! Cheers, Justin.
  • OUTRAGEOUS_CLAIMS published 29/01/2001
    Cheers thats exactly what i am looking for ! A good write up and very informative

Product Information : Adrian Flux Insurance