Advent Milano

Advent Milano

10.2 Inches in - CPU: Intel Atom - RAM: 1 GB GB

Review of "Advent Milano"

published 04/01/2010 | MissPinkyMe
Member since : 02/01/2010
Pro Easy to use and very good value for money!
Cons Webcam could be clearer and has no disk drive and low battery life
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"Advent Milano Netbook - Wonderful in my opinion :)"

I got this Netbook as a Christmas present and love it! I knew the price because i checked it online and it is very good value for money at only £219.99 from PC world! ((http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/106101)) It is just like a smaller version of any laptop which means it is easily stored and is very portable. I think it looks very stylish and is quite thin with a funky pattern on the back! I found the Set-up very easy and quick and i even got to choose my own cute name for my netbook! It comes with Windows XP, which is very handy if you are planning to do homework on this netbook like me! It has wireless internet which is very easy to set up if you have a wireless router already working at home like me! When i use the internet it runs fairly fast, and when i delete the cookies and search history it keeps it running smoothly. Mine also came with Norton internet security, which is very helpful at keeping away hose nasty viruses from my netbook! Iv'e never had any major break-down problems with the features on my netbook and it runs quickly about 80% of the time for me! I find that it is good for playing music on and storing multi-media files on but because the memory is quite low (1024MB DDR2 RAM and 160GB hard drive) it wont store as much as i would like! The screen in my opinion is a good size (10.2 inches) and the keyboard is easy to type on, but unfortunately it doesn't come with a number pad to the right like on a computer. I love using the built in webcam to take pictures and have video calls with family and friends although it could be a bit clearer! I find the touch pad is easy to control and very sensitive when moving the cursor on the screen. One big disadvantage is the battery life, it only last three hours at the very most! I've charged my netbook over night but it still doesn't seem to last three hours like it says on the box! When i reduce the brightness of the screen the battery can last quite a bit longer! It has no disk drive, but there are three USB Ports which is handy for backing up any important data or information. Ive only had one problem (which had nothing to do with the netbook itself, all my doing!) where i deleted the sound of my computer by mistake and the tech guys recovery system (which i got as an extra with the netbook) completely restarted my netbook which resolved the problem of having no sound. I would mainly recommend this product for anyone who is wanting a netbook mainly for the internet or for using windows and saving windows documents because of the poor storage space. If you have any questions please ask.