Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham - M. C. Beaton

Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham - M. C. Beaton

Review of "Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham - M. C. Beaton"

published 26/08/2011 | ruth1957
Member since : 06/10/2006
I just love writing and getting any feed back so I can improve. Its been good for me to write as I am recovering from a stroke and had times it has been difficult to write now much easier. Thankyou for all the rates and comments
Good
Pro Easy Read
Cons Predictable storyline
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"Bad Hair Day"

Another crime for Agatha Raisin to solve and it all started to happen after a visit to the hairdresser's. Her close friend the Vicar's wife Mrs Bloxby had suggested this particular hairdresser " Mr John" who's shop was in the next village called Evesham which was only about ten miles away from where Agatha lives in Carsley. So that is what Agatha did she arranged a hair appointment with Mr John.
As soon as she saw Mr John could then understand why the women flocked to have their hair done by Mr John he was very tall and handsome.But was he as innocent as he appeared...........
She did accept Mr Johns invitation and he took her to a french restaurant which was in Blockley only a few miles away from Carsley and when he did drop Agatha back home he was hoping to be invited in but that did not happen.
Agatha kept wondering about Mr John and all the ladies that were scatty about him what was the attraction.... What was it for him...
He fell ill at the hairdressers and was it poison how did it get poisoned if that was the case? Did someone do it and if it was someone why? all these questions are answered by reading the book and much more.
It is a very easy light book to read and the story is simple but I do like her books.Also her friendships she has made after a while become old friends
as after several books which I have read with the same characters become familiar and delightful. I find this character Agatha amusing but at the same time I like her. The way she clumsily manages to come out of a bad situation ok and solves these mysteries and crimes.
Also in the book she is shown as quite a vulnerable person and earns for a solid relationship as her previous accounters have not been successful.

• savvyshopper6476 published 04/09/2011
    Sorry for the low rate but I don't feel there is enough information here for me to decide if I want to read. The majority seems to be plot with little insight towards the actual text. If you add more detail I will re-rate x
  • Coloneljohn published 04/09/2011
    Interesting if a bit short. You might like to give some information on price and availability as well. John
  • azana published 27/08/2011
    I updated my rate as after seeing your review initially you added a little opinion - you didn't let me know though?