Review of "Air Berlin"

published 16/06/2008 | Dexterlevi
Member since : 15/06/2008
Pro Book early for great prices,modern fleet, excellent staff
Cons Wish they flew to more locations from the UK.
How often do you travel with this airline
Where did you book
Food Quality
Customer Service
Punctuality

"Air Berlin, does,nt get much better at this price"

I have not flown for over 20 years and my wife had never flown. We chose Air Berlin as we are only an hour from Manchester Airport and they fly to Paderborne which is about 40 minutes from my dads place in Germany.
Arrived at Manchester airport with a very nervous wife.My wife is disabled and I had declared this when I booked ticket several months earlier.Once we had checked baggage in, which went smoothly, immediatly refered to small office where all arrangements were made by Manchester Airport staff to make sure my wife got to the aircraft without too much difficulty. Wheel chair supplied for us to go through security and departure lounge. Once called to board, Manchester staff there again to help my wife onto plane. From the minute we got on the plane, Air Berlin staff were great. Flew out on Boing 747/800 I think. I am 6 fooot 4 and found leg room more than ample so no complaints about the comfort. Cabin crew and captain kept us up to speed with position with overhead DVD screen plotting our position on the map. Safety talk was given via the overhead DVD screen which came through in German and English. No sooner in the air than friendly cabin crew moving down the aisle with complimentary sandwhich and hot drink.

I booked tickets several months before flights so was able to get great deal. I think we paid just short of 90 quid for two return tickets.

Return journey went just as smoothly although baggage took some time to come out at Manchester. However overhead screens kept us up to date with baggage estimated arrival time.

Air Berlin were excellent on both legs. This is a journey I will be completing every christmas and Air Berlin will be my prefered choice as long as they are still running this route.

• manlybeach published 16/06/2008