Review of "Air Berlin"

published 16/10/2011 | MrReviewMB
Member since : 12/10/2011
Pro price is not always worth the arrogance
Cons no leverage to negotiate
How often do you travel with this airline
Where did you book
Food Quality
Customer Service
Punctuality

"Air Berlin R U Serious?"

Dear Mr. CEO Air Berlin,

It has never happened to me before and I tend to travel quite often. I am not a HON client but still have about 180 flights per year and this was a first.

To go to Zagreb and avoid the strike on Wed. the 12.10.11 I had my client in Zagreb change her appointments as well as changed mine and decided to do a one day flight forth and back. I woke up at 3.15 am to be at the airport by 5.00am for an on time check-in.
I get to the counter and the young lady informs me that my flight to Munich has been cancelled due to the fact that the crew did not show up. I was re-booked on the next flight , at 8.05. I informed her that it would be a problem for me since my connecting flight to Zagreb from Munich was at 8.55 and that I would miss it.
She asked me to go to the service counter and clear it up with them.
I went there and I got the same answer. I then asked them to help me with another flight so that I could reach Munich to make my connecting flight. (This after I had informed them that the situation was not worthy of a German airline or for that matter in today's day and age. I would understand if this happened with Alitalia but not in Germany.

The Gentleman, Mr. K explained to me about five times, that the only solution would be for me to get on the next flight and postpone my appointment.

I explained to him that my return flight was the same day and that I needed more time in Zagreb since I had to close on a deal. That was why I wanted the early flight. There was no way of discussion.
I then asked him if Lufthansa had a flight and he confirmed that it did.
I walked from terminal C to terminal A and went to see if LH had room. They did but the cost of the ticket was 548+€. They then told me, since I complained about the price, that I should go back to AB and have them re-book me on the LH flight (it was possible).
I ran back to AB IN TERMINAL C to ask Mr K if he would be so kind as to do just that. He confirmed that it was impossible and that LH had no right to tell me what AB can or cannot do and besides which he already had checked.
I asked him to check again and the way it looked like was that he picked the phone up dialled a number but had a conversation with himself.

So I went back to LH, and at this point I was sweating, bought the ticket and got on the flight to Munich.

A matter of principal....why can AB not at least try to treat their client with some respect instead of telling me postpone your appointment- I think he could have helped with LH- I had no leverage except to get the word out- that you may run in to some pretty poor and arrogant customer service at Air Berlin- I guess one bad egg ruins it for me- Moral of the story; I will try my best, and I ask you to do the same, to not book any AB flights.

Scorecard AB:(1-10)10-Best

Friendliness:0
Client oriented:0
Overall rating: BIG 0

• silverstreak published 16/10/2011
    I'd send this letter direct to them if I were you.
  • chrisandmark_is_here published 16/10/2011