Review of "Alberto Balsam Conditioner - Blueberry"

published 07/11/2011 | shrimpy_80
Member since : 07/09/2008
I'm aged 28 and currently living in Worcestershire with my partner and mischievous kitties. I also write on dooyoo under the same name.
Pro Works well, smells good, costs little!
Cons None
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Don't be blue, your hair smells berry nice!"

If you have read any of my other reviews you may know that I have recently rediscovered Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner. However, it is a tad pricey as I wash my hair at least four times a week, so I decided to buy a cheaper brand to alternate with it. A quick browse of the shelves led me to this. I remember buying Alberto Balsam products when at uni (and using them as a teenager) and always loved their fruity scent, and at 99p a bottle i decided i couldn't go far wrong with this.

The bottle is fairly tall and slender, with the product name and images of blueberries on, so pleasant enough but fairly innocuous. One big plus is that the bottle is transparent so you can see how much product you have left. There is a black flip top lid on the top which again, is basic but functional.

The conditioner is quite thick and stays put on your hand, making it easy to apply. The scent is quite strong, to me it smelled more like parma violet sweets than blueberries, which gave me a nice if unexpected burst of nostalgia! It is not an overpowering smell, but very much noticeable. One thing that did impress me was that the scent did linger on my hair for the rest of the day and, having last washed my hair yesterday, I can still just about detect it now with a good sniff.

However it was in terms of performance that this product truly impressed me. I have shoulder long hair which is colour damaged at the ends, so usually needs some TLC. This conditioner left my hair totally tangle free, as well as really silky feeling and shiny looking.

Overall, I didn't expect a great deal from this conditioner but was thoroughly impressed and will definitely buy it again. The brand's longevity speaks for itself and shows that sometimes a budget price tag doesn't mean sacrificing in results.

• chrisandmark_is_here published 07/11/2011
    This makes my hair go greasy quickly, although I love the smell of it. x