Alberto Balsam Herbal Conditioner Juicy Green Apple

Alberto Balsam Herbal Conditioner Juicy Green Apple

Review of "Alberto Balsam Herbal Conditioner Juicy Green Apple"

published 13/10/2011 | sarahbarrow
Member since : 11/05/2007
Well that was the longest couple of weeks break I've ever had! xx
Pro A cheap and effective hair conditior for normal hair types.
Cons Still didn't last my daughter very long!
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Juicy freshness for my barnet!"

After my daughter decided that actually she wanted to start conditioning her hair too, I had to stop buying the dearer branded one’s and opted for something a bit more affordable, hence this review!

The product in question is - “Alberto Balsam - juicy green apple conditioner”.

I have always had a real penchant for fruity scented body care products, so this conditioner was right up my street.

The conditioner comes in the generic looking bottles in this range, that being a stand up slightly opaque bottle, so only a slight suggestion of the colour of the product within is shown.

There is all the usual information on the label, brand name, product name, product description with properties and size of bottle, with this bottle holding 400ml of product, a couple of weeks worth for me with daily use, but probably lasting my daughter three sessions!

This conditioner is aimed at people who have normal/greasy hair, and with me washing my hair every day found it wasn’t so strong that it stripped away any natural oils.

The conditioner itself is a lovely pale green colour, and smells very strongly of apple, this in itself is lovely, but after using it I am always so pleased to find that the scent lingers on the hair for a good couple of hairs after, this always gives the impression that your hair is lovely and clean, smelling fruity and fresh too.

The conditioner is actually quite thin in consistency, especially compared to some of the better branded one’s on the market, but still managed to cling to my freshly washed hair without running straight off.

I always leave my conditioner on for a good few minutes, so by the time I rinse it off I expect my hair to be really soft, and this didn’t disappoint!

After washing and rinsing clean, my brush went through my hair very easily, and when dried and straightened (my normal method of hair styling!)I found my hair was nice and soft, but not static which I sometimes find when conditioning my hair.

Price wise this cost me £1.00 a bottle, and is very often on offer at my local Asda, with there being a vast range of “flavours” to choose from in conditioner and shampoo form.

This is a really good conditioner that I will not hesitate buying again, recommended!

Thanks for reading x

• Jake_Speed published 14/10/2011
    I like the sound of apple shampoo
  • LadyValkyrie published 13/10/2011
    My mum used to buy Alberto Balsam a lot when we were growing up. Nice smell.
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 13/10/2011
    I like this and the raspberry one, and it's a great price.