Review of "Alberto Balsam Herbal Conditioner Tea Tree Tingle"

published 02/03/2012 | graceyyxx
Member since : 14/02/2010
Hello, I'm Grace a student from sunny Stoke. If I miss you out when returning reads/ rates please just let me know. I'm also on dooyoo under the same name, happy reviewing :)
Pro Leaves hair looking, feeling and smelling good, cheap.
Cons None.
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner."

Price and Availability

As with quite a few things recently I first tries Alberto Balsam Tea Tree Tingle conditioner by accident after ordering another scent of the product which was out of stock when I did an online shop a few months ago at Asda. Alberto Balsam shampoo’s and conditioners are quite widely available in places like Boots and Superdrug but they can also often be found in B&M and Home Bargains for slightly cheaper at around a pound a bottle. Asda have a long running offer though of 4 bottle for £3 which is a nice little saving and means you don’t have to worry about getting any in for a while.

Packaging and Product Information

The conditioner comes in a 400ml clear bottle which lets the mint green colour show through. The labelling is quite simple with a black, silver and green theme with a picture of what I imagine to be a tea tree branch. Tea Tree Tingle is a herbal conditioner and extracts of both tea tree and mint and works to help promote healthy hair and scalp. It also claims to restore shine and stregnthen hair with pro- vitamin B5.

My Experience

When using I get in the shower and shampoo my hair as usual, rinse it off and, when opening up the bottle I’m instantly greeted by a fresh, minty scent. I always use quite a generous amount of conditioner as I have long hair but obviously that’s something that’s up to personal preference. I don’t feel bad either for using quite a lot of the product as I know it hasn’t cost £3 or £4 for the bottle. I first put the conditioner in my hands and even here it feels lovely and silky smooth, then I smooth it onto my hair, it doesn’t lather but it just needs to sit on the hair. It’s recommended that the conditioner is left on for a couple of minutes but for me it depends how long I’ve got. If I’m in a rush I either don’t bother or wash it off pretty quickly but if I’m having a long shower I leave it on for a few extra minutes to let it work it’s magic.

When I get out of the shower I often find my hair very hard to brush, however it is a lot easier after using the conditioner so I knew straight away it must of done some good. After letting my hair dry I was really pleased with the results, my hair felt lovely and soft and smooth. As well as smelling really fresh and clean. With continued use my hair looks and feels a lot healthier and Alberto Balsam Tea Tree Tingle is the conditioner I have now used for the past 6- 8 weeks and the results have been better than the more expensive conditioners I’ve used.

Overall

As you can probably tell I love this conditioner, it’s cheap but also works really well and is great for anybody, not just those on a budget. It’s better than more expensive brands and I will continue to use this conditioner as it leaves my hair looking and feeling the best it has in ages.

• JasonJRogers published 06/03/2012
    Sounds great!
  • Anna_Can_Fly published 02/03/2012
    Thanks I might try this-ive seen it many times on the shelf but usually go for the strawberry/raspberry might give this one a go! A x
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 02/03/2012
    These conditioners are brilliant, especially for the price.