Review of "Alberto Vo5 Styling Wax"

published 17/11/2010 | lorriellah
Member since : 10/06/2009
Thanks for all the rates and comments :)
Pro works well, does the job
Cons hands may be greasy afterwards
Staying power
How does your hair feel after use?

"Hair wax that works!"

V05 styling wax
I don’t use many hair care products as I don’t have the time to spend grooming myself anymore but when I do go out and I want to make an effort I do like to make sure that I have all of the best products to help create the look I’m after. I have tried various kinds of styling wax and have been disappointed in them even ones which were fairly pricy. I came across this particular one and I have stuck to it ever since as I’ve been pleased with the results and trust it to keep my hair styled for as long as required.

Styling wax is useful to help styling your hair, it isn’t like a spray which causes your hair to be hard and brittle, instead it is much softer and holds the style that you’re after without you having to spray aerosols around and being left extremely flammable!

This styling wax comes in a small round tub. It looks really small and you may think it won’t last long but believe me it does as you barely need to use any at all! The tub is opened by the lid which is a screw cap and it can be a bit greasy if you try to put it back on after using the wax so this may get a bit messy but I think it’s the most practical of lids for this kind of product.

When using the wax you just use a very small amount. I have long hair and tend to use a pea-sized amount. The wax is very dense, thicker than butter, and you just get it out by running your finger through it and getting the desired amount. You apply it to your hair by first warming it in your fingers so that your fingers are covered in it and then put it in your hair. I use it when my hair is curled so I tend to ensure that the wax is over all my fingers and then just scrunch it into my hair.

The result? Well hair which stays put! Even though you only use a small amount it works very well. Your hair should stay in place and not feel hard. There are no bits of residue left, if you do see a bit of wax in your hair then it’s easy to just blend back in but this shouldn’t happen if you warm it between your fingers properly at the beginning.

When I have curled my hair I use this and find that it helps to hold the curl for a good few hours which is usually all I need it for if I’m going to a party or something and it doesn’t leave it hard or smelling strongly, instead it’s a subtle, non descriptive smell.

I am really impressed with this product and will keep using it. I think that if you are looking for something to help keep your hair styled then this is a great product for you! Definitely recommend it, 5 stars.

• Alyson29 published 05/12/2010
    This sound good x
  • top-reviewz published 17/11/2010
    I've tried almost all hair waxes too, but could never find one that holds the style. I am definately going to try this out! Great Review.
  • Novabug published 17/11/2010