Aldi Four Bird Roast

Aldi Four Bird Roast

Chicken, Turkey, Duck, Goose

Review of "Aldi Four Bird Roast"

published 05/01/2012 | kayleaf
Member since : 26/03/2009
Satisfactory
Pro Price.
Cons Not much meat, too much stuffing.
Smell
Product Quality

"Four Stuffing Roast"

For Christmas we decided to go for Aldi's Four Bird Roast aside a nice sized turkey crown for our dinner. We purchased the roast frozen from Aldi at the excellent price of £9.99 and it states on the packaging it serves 3/4 people. We thought this would be more than enough as we had the turkey crown and thought it would be nice to have something a little different.

We had previously tried the Three Bird Roasts and thought they were really good value, tasty and made for an excellent Sunday Lunch between two or even three adults. They are not big mainly because of the amount of stuffing included but they provide a satisfactory amount for a small family like ours. The roast comes in its own baking foil tin and can be roasted from frozen or chilled. It also comes with a lovely smelling orangey marmalade glaze which you add 30 minutes before taking out of the oven. The packaging can be recycled.

I was really disappointed with this roast as it just didn't taste any different from the three bird. It was the same size and same price and it was a good prize for goose, turkey, chicken, duck and sausagemeat stuffing but I wish I had paid a bit more for more duck and goose. It was very hard to distinguish which was which and I was expecting lots of different flavours and for the duck to be nice and pink. It was nice enough however I can't say it's something we'll bother with next year as the whole point was to have something a bit different and no one could really tell the difference between the roast and our turkey crown. Compared to the three bird roast (which is better as there is more duck) it's lacking. I can't say for £9.99 that I wasted my money and it did go down well but the flavour wasn't really there and the stuffing just overpowered the roast.

Not something I'll be getting again in a hurry!

• mumsymary published 05/01/2012
    shame
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 05/01/2012
    It's a shame when a special meal is a bit disappointing!
  • candzjay published 05/01/2012
    not a fan of packet stuffing myself :/