Aldi (Shop)

Layout & presentation
Selection & range
Availability

"Aldi Photo service"

Just to let you know I have tried the online photo service and would NOT recommend it to anyone. Although I am a fan of Aldi generally their photo service does not live up to their usual standard. Unless you download the software to your PC then the online service is rather unwieldy. Once I had downloaded the software (and registered 3 times for various aspects of the service) I then set about trying to make a photo book. The software for this kept freezing (I am running Vista but I would have hoped that a new service would be able to deal with that) I finally completed a 26 page hardback book + submitted it to the website. On the 4th try it finally uploaded + I entered my credit card details and the voucher code (entitling me to 50% discount on the aforementioned book) Once I had done this I was told that the total price of £20.32 was to be deducted from my card - this surprised me as a 26pg book with 50% discount + p+p should have cost £9.83! I looked at the order and realised they had charged me for a 34 page book, which was not eligible for the offer. There was no online facility to cancel my order, so I then emailed them and was told I would get a response in 2-3 working days. As I thought that would be too late to stop the order I telephoned them straight away (on a premium rate number) + was told that the people who did the processing didn't work weekends but that a message would be passed on to them. I called back on Tuesday to find out what was happening about my order as I had heard nothing. I was then told (after being put on hold twice - apparently they aren't allowed to call you back) I was eventually informed that they couldn't cancel my order or refund the difference between what I was charged and what I should have been charged. I have been told the only way to get my money back is to return the album once it has been delivered - no doubt costing more time and money. I am very disappointed with the customer service I have received and will definitely not be using them again!

• Japonica42sc published 07/10/2008
    Hi - thanks
  • majeedkazi published 07/10/2008
    Hi, Welcome to Ciao...

Product Information : Aldi (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 23/07/2000