Alfa Romeo 146 2.0

Alfa Romeo 146 2.0

Hatchback - Petrol

Review of "Alfa Romeo 146 2.0"

published 13/03/2003 | MartinClark
Member since : 15/01/2003
Pro Everything, excellent handling, excellent looks, excellent performence........ excellent everything.
Cons Not a lot! - Apart from the Insurance!
Safety
Spaciousness
Road Handling
Customer service

"Alfa Romeo 146Ti"

I bought my Alfa Romeo 146 Ti just over two years ago. Its a P Reg now so is getting on abit and I keep thinking to myself I better get a new car, but I just cannot bring myself to sell it.

I went out looking for a new car just over two years ago and had in my mind I were going to get a Vectra or Laguna or something along those lines, that were until I saw the 146 sitting on the forecourt. As soon as I saw it I fell in love with it and once had took it for a test drive, well, that were it! Within half an hour the cheque were wrote and the car were paid for! Now I keep thinking about getting a new car but just think to myself - but I dont want to get rid of my Alfa!

The Alfa 146 has absolutely everything, brilliant performence, excellent handling, is very comfortable, definatley looks the part and it definately gets you noticed! The only disadvantage is the insurance is a fair bit!

The best part is being able to leave these boy racers in their zooped up astras or corsas for dust - no problems whatsoever!

I have not regretted buying my Alfa for one single second and will probably still be driving it for years to come!

• Fraserchef published 29/08/2004
    I saw my Alfa sitting on the forecourt and fell for it straight away, sounded great, looked amazing and drove as if on rails. Great. 1 New Engine, 1 new electronic ignition system later and over £3000 spent on it and I still love this car, although I have had my share of problems with my car, I don't believe that every car is perfect and now an then a few problems will occur, but this is still an excellent car and even thogh I am looking to buy another car I still hope to be able to keep this future classic.
  • Connoisseur_Haggler1 published 13/03/2003
    The ENGINE sounds glorious doesn't it?! I own this car too, as you may have seen from this category. I guess the only thing bad about alfa's is depreciation!