All About Us: My Story - Peter Andre

All About Us: My Story - Peter Andre

Review of "All About Us: My Story - Peter Andre"

published 17/07/2007 | mummy2harry
Member since : 12/04/2007
YAY I am finally silver! Wooo! Like books? Check out http://chicklitchloe.blogspot.com...
Pro Well written, nice pictures included, interesting read
Cons Not challenging reading but it isnt expected really!
Degree of Information
How easy was it to read / get information from
How interesting was the book?
How useful was it?
Would you read it again?

"Well written account of Peter Andre's life"

I went to a book signing in Basingstoke this weekend to meet Peter Andre, and obviously I had to buy a copy of his new book for him to sign. Now if I had known in advance, I would have ordered it online to save a few pennies, but I had to buy in the shop at full price so I thought, well I have had to spend £7.99 on this, I may as well read it! So when I put my son to bed, I sat down on the sofa and started to read.

If I am honest, I got totally engrossed in this autobiography. The book starts off with a lot of acknowledgements to his wife and his family, but obviously this bit in the book is optional. It then moves onto the first part which is Peter Andre's childhood in England and in Australia. I was surprised at some of the revelations in the book, such as that he was racistly bullied when he moved to Australia, and he clearly suffered because of it.

It moves on to talk about Peter's early experiences of singing and his trying to get noticed in the music industry. It seemed to have happened to him very quickly, luckily for him! I enjoyed reading about his early career because it was very interesting and I didn't really know about Peter Andre in his earlier career. I was surprised at some of the things he had to go through, and to be honest, reading his book has been a huge eye-opener, I have a lot more respect for him!

His career, the highs and the lows, is fully accounted in the book, and also his breakdown, which he has also discussed on his TV show on ITV2 lately. It was quite hard reading when he was recounting his breakdown, but you can see how it has altered his life.

The second half of the book is much more focused on the relationship between Peter and his wife Katie Price. It starts with the meeting of the two in the Australian jungle on the TV show I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! I was really unimpressed with his account of how Katie was in the jungly, not by the writing but her behaviour! She doesn't come across in the best light to be honest, it is strange to read such a harsh account of a man in love getting shunned by the object of his affections!

Their early relationship is also accounted for here, with Peter clearly showing how deeply he loves Katie. Again some of the thing she writes about doesn't show her in the best light, she comes across as quite selfish, and self-centred. The book also has a really touching chapter about Harvey, Katie's son from her relationship with Dwight Yorke. I totally admire Peter for the way he has taken Harvey on as his own, and he clearly really loves that boy a lot. The way he speaks about his children is loving and very touching.

The book also covers the birth of his biological child Junior, and his and Katie's marriage. The whole thing made fascinating reading, and I managed to read the whole book in 24 hours. Obviously you can't expect something which is going to test your brain power, but it is a nice read for people who are fans of Peter and Katie Andre.

The book is really well written. It is easy to follow, the language is not too complicated, and it flows very well. The chapters are quite short, but they are to the point, and go into enough detail for you to enjoy it and get into the novel. Oh, and there are lots of photographs in the book, in 4 sections, and there are some funny and some lovely pictures too, from Peter as a child to the first pictures of him holding Junior, and family poses. Lovely!

ISBN:978-1844544011
Pages: 288 pages
Published by John Blake Publishing

The book sells for an RRP for £7.99 but is selling on Amazon.co.uk for £5.53 and on the Amazon Marketplace for £3.00 (plus P+P).

• KarenUK published 27/10/2007
    I just finished reading this book.
  • xdonzx published 28/08/2007
    Being a big fan of Peter and Katie , I would definately buy this book! xdonzx
  • Craigshadow12 published 29/07/2007
    Great review ;D. Craig :P

Product Information : All About Us: My Story - Peter Andre

Now for the first time in paperback an uninterrupted, no-holds-barred account of life with Jordan by the man closest to her. Katie Price is never far from the limelight and her immensely successful biographies have emphasised her popularity across the generations. Revelations about her rise to fame and her intimate relationships have had the nation intrigued, entertained and empathising with the glamour model mother of two. But her jungle romance with Peter, initially billed as a publicity stunt, has blossomed into the love story of the decade with Aussie hunk Peter Andre sweeping the "OK!" girl off her feet in perfect fairy tale fashion. Exploding onto the music seen in 1990, Peter Andre has had several UK number ones and international top 10 hits and in this intimate and insightful autobiography, he reveals the high and lows of his music career. Plus revelations about life before Katie and growing up in Australia in a family with devout Jehovah's Witness values. Pete reflects on life married to Britain's hottest celebrity, what life is like caring for her sick child, and how they celebrated the arrival of their first son together, Junior.

Author: Peter Andre