All Bar One, London

All Bar One, London

Bar

Review of "All Bar One, London"

published 08/08/2000 | Joolz
Member since : 27/07/2000
Satisfactory
Pro It keeps the city types in one place
Cons Over priced and over hyped
not rated

"All bar me"

Would you like this bar? Well, why don't you zoom through the checklist below and see if you are compatible with the "All Bar One" philosophy:

1. You like your beer expensive - I don't mean that you like good, expensive beer, I mean that you would quite happily kiss goodbye to a £20 note for a round of five pints of lager.

2. You wear "eighties stockbroker type" colourful shirts and co-ordinated ties and always think cuff-links are essential (if male).

3. You wear the shortest flimsiest skirts and strappy tops, and frown when some-one squeezes past you to go to the bar in case your white cardi gets a lager stain (if female).

4. You go to a bar to be seen, to be loud, and to talk on your mobile whilst balancing a pint, a glass of wine, your cigarette packet and your jacket; at the same time you are being shoved from every direction because the place is too crowded.

I guess you can see my bias, but there you go, it's my opinion!

• ch0adb published 24/11/2000
    Joolz, may I just say you are spot on. I used to work for All Bar One (as a manager in one of their leading west London outlets). Check out the other All Bar One opinions, there is one about hampstead written by Sarah Gardner. Coincidentally she is now one of their Area Managers covering City bars. Keep telling the truth matey.