All Bar One, London

All Bar One, London

Bar

Review of "All Bar One, London"

published 23/01/2001 | yingli.lim
Member since : 01/12/2000
Pro great to chill out at in the afternoons
Cons none

"Fantastic Nosh"

I simply love the food at All Bar One.

I've been to the branch at London Bridge twice already and I've had a fantastic time on both occassions. The first time I was at All Bar One, I had some sort of bangers and mash without the bangers that came with a really tasty whipped potato that has oyster mushrooms in it. The gravvy served with the dish made it less dry and bland than it would have been and it had my favourite vegetables - asparagus - on top of it.

On my second visit there, I had goat's cheese on top of a ciabata with rosemary and other herbs along with a dash of garlic. Even, my friends were quite impressed with the place as they had no idea it served good food and thought that it was just a bar. The menus are on the chalkboards in the bar or can be taken from a magazine rack.

Although the food is somewhat close to fantastic, All Bar One tends to get a little nosier and rowdier in the evenings and that has only its popularity and pervasive brit culture of clubs and bars to blame. I'm not too keen on crowds at times and I do find it annoying to have to yell at the person in front of you when you are trying to have a decent conversation.

However, if you are someone who likes a comfortable atmosphere with loads of decor in wood and you do like socialising in a bar this would be a good place to check out. Drinks are not too pricey as I've checked the drinks list. You can get a glass of wine for as little as 2 pounds 95.

Still, my favourite part would have to be the food. It is a nice place to have a meal at in the day and I love the management. You order at the counter and you get a huge tray of sauces to experiment with. The waitresses are even concerned about whether you've enjoyed your meal.

On the whole, the crowd that patronises this bar is more of the yuppie working class so the atmosphere is relaxed and exciting. Some of them are definitely regulars at the place too.

• 1234 published 30/01/2001
    As you asked me to, I am here re-rating this opinion, and to get a VH, I would suggest you to leave in the end of your opinion the full address just in case people would like to go and try by theirselves. Thank you!