Alt Hotel Toronto Airport, Mississauga

Alt Hotel Toronto Airport, Mississauga

Review of "Alt Hotel Toronto Airport, Mississauga"

published 02/03/2017 | Violet1278
Member since : 10/11/2008
I have been way for a few weeks so apologies if I have missed your reviews. Am starting the catch up!
Pro Superb Hotel In All Aspects
Cons Maybe more generous coffee/tea in the room
Quality of Rooms
Standard of Service
Quality of Food & Drink
Cleanliness

"Perfect Stopover At Toronto Airport."

Comfortable bed.

Comfortable bed.

Alt Hotel Toronto Airport

Recently we made our first visit to my son and his wife who live in Hawaii. This journey is extremely long from the United Kingdom, and it can cause severe jet lag, especially on the return leg, and breaking the journey often involves the disadvantage of higher airline ticket prices. My husband and I decided when we booked our trip to stop over in Toronto, as this offered a good value ticket, and with a 6 hour initial daytime flight I was able to retire to a hotel bed at a reasonable time of the night. The next morning I was then fresh for the second leg of the flight to Los Angeles. There are endless combinations of flights to Hawaii, but our son lives on Big Island, so the choice is more limited as flights often land in Honolulu, which necessitates a further plane trip once in Hawaii. I think this is an option for another time as the flights give lovely island views, but I was interested in arriving in a reasonable state of health with minimal jet-lag.

We chose the Alt Hotel mainly for the proximity to Toronto airport, as we didn't have a lot of time to waste, and this is an easy journey using the free Terminal Link Train which stops within easy walking distance of the hotel. This free shuttle runs every 4 minutes, so it is much better than staying further away with the need for an airport hotel shuttle bus.

Easy To Book

We booked with Ebookers and were delighted as they have a generous loyalty scheme, and as we had already booked flights with them we had built up a good discount off the hotel which was priced at £116. You can also book direct with the hotel and if you do there is no set check out time so you can have a lie in if you wish.

Outstanding Reviews

Reviews for the hotel on Trip Advisor equate to a healthy 4.5 stars, and in my experience these are easily justified as everything was first class.

About The Hotel

The hotel is eco- friendly and has been built to be energy efficient and it features a geothermal heating and cooling system. It is futuristic and certainly has that state of the art feel to it.

Check in was the best I have ever experienced in any hotel lobby. It was utterly superb, friendly informative, and the man even made enquiries as to our flight in the morning advising us on check in times and morning wake up calls.

A review left just yesterday on Trip Advisor was entitled “Design Heaven” and I really agree with this sentiment. It is a modern purpose built hotel that, although high rise and with space at a premium, is warm comfortable and above all functional. The design is contemporary and elegant. The bed is beautifully comfortable with crisp white linen, and gorgeous pillows that you sink into. I believe they have goose down duvets which were very soft and comfortable. The shower was immaculately clean had a good pressure and there were immaculate soft towels and complimentary toiletries. The room had a state of the art Keurig machine coffee maker in a purpose built recess in the wall tucked out of sight, which was so welcome as at first look I wondered if it was not possible to make a drink, but of course it was. My only note here was that there were only minimal pods and creamer provided, I would have liked maybe 2 more each, as it was quite a small offering, and although I am sure reception would have obliged, it is not something that you want to seek out necessarily when you are tired.

The rooms are small yes but so well designed with a desk and a television provided, and with the décor being so calming and minimal it was a relaxing space to be in for the night. Even the chair at the desk is ergonomic, so good for business travellers. I also noted plenty of plug sockets, especially the multi-plug connectivity panel for electronic devices, which is often missing in older style hotels and those built on a budget. Everything has been thought of and actioned. There is even an ironing board and iron and a hair dryer.

I slept so well, which for me is very unusual when travelling, especially with a morning flight ahead of me.

It was very very quiet. I think it has been designed in such a way that noise does not echo or travel along corridors, because although we did hear others it was very unobtrusive and easy to live with. The rooms have black out curtains as well, so you can drift off without being affected by the lights of the airport.

We didn't eat in the hotel but there is a small bar and food offerings in the lobby, and these are available 24 hours a day. This area looked beautifully clean and there were many healthy options that I could see here, so I would certainly eat here in the future. There is no restaurant or room service, so it is certainly modelled in travel lodge style. If you require a cooked waitress served meal then you would have to leave the hotel for this, or ask at reception as they will order in for you from nearby places. Some reviews did say that the food and drink was quite expensive in the lobby, but this may be reflective of the location, being very close to the terminal. There are also computers provided free of charge to use in this space.

The hotel does have a gym but we didn't see this and Wi-Fi is instant in the rooms with no password, and is very fast making this a superb hotel for a business traveller. There are also parking packages available.

We really enjoyed our stay in this lovely hotel which has a real boutique feel to it. It is immaculately clean, and so easy to access from the airport. Highly recommended to are the friendly staff who make you feel valued and welcomed. They even take dogs which must be a real bonus for Canadian travellers.

In the morning check out was as swift and as friendly as check in, and we were soon on our way to the airport feeling refreshed and calm. Just as well as the procedures took an endless amount of time, so much so that we didn't have time to do much at the airport. I would allow 3 hours not 2 if you are flying into the US, as border controls are very time consuming at Toronto. So with this experience in mind I think I would like to see reception staff advising customers flying into the US to allow that extra hour, as we were advised to allow 2 hours, and that extra hour was really necessary to do the formalities calmly. Other than this I highly recommend this hotel and will use again without hesitation.

Alt Hotel Toronto Airport 6080, Viscount Road, Mississauga (Ontario) L4V 0A1

• chrisandmark_is_here published 09/05/2017
    Well reviewed x
  • IzzyS published 27/04/2017
    Well reviewed - sounds good.
  • BlurredLines published 08/04/2017