Review of "AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Batteries"

published 29/11/2015 | ANNExTHExFLAN
Member since : 12/05/2015
Pro Cheap to purchase. Reliable. Do not drain whilst in storage.
Cons Not fully charged when delivered.
Reliability
Ease of Use

"Very good rechargeable batteries"

I have four Amazon Basics AA Rechargeable Batteries purchased three months ago for use in my workroom, I do not like to remove the household batteries to my workroom as they are needed in the house so I purchase ones specific for my work needs and keep them to hand in my workroom desk. The batteries cost £5.50 from Amazon and larger pack sizes are available should you require more, there is a small saving to be had for buying the larger sizes.

They are pre charged but this is not a full charge, when I placed the first two into my camera it revealed they were at 48% charge and whilst that is enough to get you out of a hole should you need charged batteries quickly it is not the full charge I had expected. I used them until all four batteries required to be charged and charged them together in a Duracell charger that is kept in my workroom, Amazon say they can be charged up to 1000 times but I cannot confirm that as they keep their power so well that I have had to charge them only three times in over thirteen weeks.

The batteries take an average time to charge with a full charge being attained within three hours using my usual battery charger, once charged they are suitable for use in products that are rarely used as these batteries are designed to keep their charge even whilst not in regular use. This has been true of two of them as they are powering a small device I use in my work which does drain batteries whilst in use but is an implement I do not have the cause to use often. Each time I use it I expect the battery life to have deteriorated but that has not happened and in my view the claim of retaining power in storage is true. Some battery chargers do take longer than others to charge the same batteries and you may be able to get yours charged in a quicker time, my battery charger works well but is old and does take a longer time than the one we have in the house.

I am happy that these batteries can be used in colder or hotter temperatures than average as two I have now used in the outdoor lighting that is placed above the door of my workroom, in spite of having our first frost of the year this week my lighting is still being strongly powered and the batteries have not suffered from being in the open air in low temperatures.

In spite of these being a set of Amazon Basics batteries in my view they are as good as any of the more expensive rechargeable batteries we own. They have proved themselves to be reliable and efficient in everything they have been placed in and as the batteries are a standard AA size there is no limit to the amount of items you can power using them. I recommend them very highly and will remember the Amazon Basics AA batteries next time I am required to purchase rechargeable batteries for around my home.

• Primetechuk24 published 09/12/2015