Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi 6" E Ink Display

Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi 6" E Ink Display

Review of "Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi 6" E Ink Display"

published 05/01/2012 | becky130291
Member since : 28/08/2011
Pro Light weight, Easy to read, Changeable font size, uses E-Ink so does not strain eyes.
Cons No light supplied with it, Some books can be expensive to buy.
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"Amazon Kindle WI-FI 6" E-Ink Display"

Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi E ink Display

This Christmas I was bought an Amazon Kindle from my fiancé. I had tried my mother in laws a couple of weeks before Christmas and I loved how easy and effortless it was to use. I mentioned briefly that I might treat myself to one in the next year when I had a bit of spare cash. However, my lovely man decided that he wanted to treat me and buy it me for Christmas. And what a treat it is. I absolutely love my kindle and like nothing more that settling down with a cup of hot chocolate in 1 hand and the kindle in the other.

Product Description

The kindle that I have is the WI-Fi 6” and in my opinion it is the perfect size. It comes in a light grey colour with a grey background to the screen that shows of the black ink perfectly clear. There are page turner buttons on both side of the kindle that suits both right and left handed people and even buttons to go back a page.
Setting up your kindle.

Before you can start to use your kindle you have to register it with an Amazon account. If you already have an account you simply add it to this. If you don’t, the kindle provides a step by step manual.

First of all the kindle will give you three options.

1. Would you like to use an existing amazon account to register your kindle?
2. Would you like to create an amazon account using the kindle?
3. Would you like to set it up using a computer?

I personally found it a lot easier setting it up on my laptop. I simple went on www.amazon.co.uk, clicked “set up an amazon account” and followed the instructions given.

Please note that you will be asked for your card details but this is normal and safe to do so.

You will also be asked if you would like to connect the kindle up to your home WI-FI this is easy to do but there are also instructions to help you.
Charging the Kindle

Charging the kindle is easy. You simply plug the usb cable that you get provided in the packaging into the side of the laptop/computer and it charges itself up. However, I have had the kindle since Christmas day and even reading it every night for an average of 30mins to an hour I have only charged it 3-4 times. I have never allowed the battery to fully run out so I am not entirely sure how long the battery actually lasts for.

Navigating around the kindle.

Navigating your way around the kindle is so straight forward. You simple use the arrow keys to go up and down, press the centre of the square to select and use the key board button at the bottom of the kindle to open the on screen key board to type what you’re looking for. You are also provided with a “back”, “options” and “home” button. The back button allows you to go back one step, the option button opens up a list showing you a range of different things you can do to change the layout, size of the text and even take you to where you can purchase your next book. The home button allows you to return to the start page and saves you place in the book automatically.
Downloading Books

Personally I find using the kindle to search for book is the easiest option. However you can find books using www.amazon.co.uk. All you do is find the books that you want and click “buy”. This only takes a few seconds to download and the book appears in your books list.

Accessories

There are thousands of accessories available on the internet such as covers and clip on lights. There is a wide range on the amazon and auction sites.
Would I recommend this product?

If you enjoy reading then this is the product for you. In my opinion there is nothing worse than going on holiday where 5 books are taking up all the room let alone bumping up the weight of the case. With the option of having 10,000 books at your fingertips in this tiny and light weight kindle you won’t be able to find anything better.

Price and Availability

This product can only be purchased off the Amazon website (www.amazon.co.uk) for a price of £89. Other types of kindles are also available at different prices including a touch screen. You can find these on the same website.
Conclusion

Positive
- Light weight
- Easy to read
- Changeable font size
- Use’s E-Ink so does not strain eyes.

Negative

- No light supplied with it
- Some books are expensive to buy

Thank you for reading my review. I Hope it helps.

• kappaslappa published 05/01/2012