Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi 6" E Ink Display

Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi 6" E Ink Display

Review of "Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi 6" E Ink Display"

published 22/03/2012 | pratchettfan
Member since : 05/12/2010
Pro Save a tree and keep space in you house.
Cons internet browsing in black and white.
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"My Kindle"

I got my Kindle as a birthday present from my sister. To be honest i did not know what to expect as I was the first from my family to get one.

The first thing I noticed was how light it was and is about the size of a hardcover book.

It did not take me long to find my way around my kindle. In a matter of hours I was using it like I was born with it.

Buttons on Kindle

What makes it so easy is there are not hundreds of buttons. On the side you have to button left and right that take you forward and back a page.

Next you have your arrow keys that are use to move up and down the page. These keys can also be used to find words to look up in the dictionary.

You keyboard button that is used to bring up a virtual keyboard. This is used to type in anything on the kindle.

Features

Kindle has a wireless card that can be used to browse the internet. Be warned everything is in black and white. Kindle is available in color for KIndle fire.

I also found it hard to read we pages as anything you want to view has to be magnified.

To be honest I could have done without the internet. I used my usb cable to transfer any ebooks to the kindle.

It took me at least a week to get used to the size of the text but this can be adjusted. the only problem is you get a lot less words per page.

My Kindle did not have page numbering, but instead told me what percentage of the book I read.

I hope they in future use page numbers instead.

it does not come with a cover which i was disappointed with. The cover is brought separately.

The Kindle does really adjust to light quiet well but cannot be read in the dark.

Battery life with wireless turned off lasts a month.

Conclusion

Overall I really enjoy my kindle and use it every day. It saves a lot of space in my house and best of all I get to save trees. Ebooks will vary from author to author so you may want to take a look at their prices before buying kindle. Cost of Kindle is 89 pounds and for me it was worth it.

• mum2boys82 published 09/04/2012
    I love my kindle to bits! Rebecca Xx
  • Coloneljohn published 01/04/2012
    Well reviewed. John
  • catsholiday published 24/03/2012
    My daughter LOVES hers

Product Information : Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi 6" E Ink Display

At Amazon, we've always been obsessed with having every book ever printed, and we know that even the best reading device would be useless without a massive selection of books. Today, the Kindle Store has more than 350,000 books, newspapers, magazines, and blogs available. This is just the beginning. Our vision is to have every book ever printed, in any language, all available in under 60 seconds on Kindle. We won't stop until we get there.

Manufacturer: Amazon