Amazon.co.uk Marketplace

Amazon.co.uk Marketplace

Web Marketplace, Books, Movies & Music

Review of "Amazon.co.uk Marketplace"

published 25/10/2012 | lynnmc1
Member since : 11/09/2012
New to Ciao + Dooyoo, username lynnmc on dooyoo is me too!
Pro Items available that may not be in shops
Cons Nothing
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"My New Addiction"

I've only recently been introduced to Amazon by my daughter and now I can't stay off this site. It's basically a shopping site where you can buy just about anything, both new and used.
What I really like about the site is that they sell a lot of brands that may have been discontinued in the shops or items that may not be available locally.
The layout of the site is very easy to figure out and looks professional whilst staying user friendly.
Another feature I really like is the ability to add products to a wishlist. This means that if I see a product I like I can add it to my wishlist and view it later, this makes it easy to compare products or save the product until you have researched prices and information a little more without having to go back and search for it all over again. You can also share your wish list with others so they can purchase items for you as a gift from the list, I think this is a very good idea for weddings as you can add items of all prices and it doesn't put pressure on people to buy large expensive gifts from department store wedding lists.

The site can be searched by typing the item in a search box or by browsing through the products department which there are many of including books, toys & games, clothes, shoes & footwear, electronics, grocery and anything else you can think of.

When you find the item you were looking at it will be displayed with a picture, description and the price of the product and delivery. Many items include free 3-5 day delivery and you may be able to pay a little extra to get even faster delivery. The item will also show the name of the seller, which you can click on and review feedback from previous customers and also reviews on the items. If you make an order you can also leave feedback on the seller and the item.

To pay for your items you can either register a card or use a gift certificate. Gift certificates are a really good gift and can be bought in the form of a gift card or can be sent in an email to whoever you wish to buy one for. You can choose any amount you require. I often buy these as I have some family abroad and it would cost more to post a large item than the item costs itself. This way I can spend more on the gift certificate and less on postage and they can choose their own gifts to be delivered to their door. The gift certificates have a really long expiry date so they can be saved on your Amazon balance until you need or want to buy something.

I have purchased both large and small items from Amazon including books, dvds, perfumes which are no longer in the shops, games and exercise equipment and everything has been delivered before the estimated delivery date,well packaged and I have never had to return an item.
There is also a facility which allows you to contact the seller to ask any questions regarding your order which is excellent.

You can also buy items as gifts and enter the delivery address of the recipient rather than your own, if you choose to do this they will not include any paperwork with the price in the package and you can also send a card with a gift message in with the package.

Some items can be a little more expensive on Amazon than elsewhere which is to be expected for example a shampoo you can buy in poundland is likely to be more expensive on Amazon but you would expect this taking into account postage costs.
Most items you can get a real bargain though, some computer games can be picked up used for pennies, it's crazy!

There is also a section for if you would like to sell items on Amazon which I haven't tried yet, I may need to if I keep buying from them at the rate I am as I will need to make space for more items.

What I Love About Amazon
Novelty & personalised gifts
The ability to enter someone elses postal address to send gifts
The wishlist
Email vouchers
Great bargains to be found
Excellent for people who don't live nearby to lots of shops, why not get them delivered to your door?

What I Don't Love About Amazon
Nothing at all
Maybe that it's addictive

This review was read 1937 times and was rated at

• Coll931 published 14/12/2012
    Amazon and Ebay take all my money!!
  • pgn0 published 25/10/2012
    If you get offered a trial of Amazon Prime, take it - you'll be impressed! It's the way things are going, with the announcement this week that Argos are to close 50 of their 750 shops, to focus on their Internet retail business... I wonder if they'll take the easy option and go for a shopfront on Amazon?
  • Summers_mummy published 25/10/2012